1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I tried but I keep getting stuck

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by itsonlyrelative, Jan 15, 2014.

1. itsonlyrelative

I decided that I really need to come out to my therapist because I need someone in person to talk to about all of this and well who better to talk to than the person that you are already paying to talk about all your problems to. I planned on telling her at tonight's session right when I sat down, but then we started talking about college and then I had a window but I got nervous and dodged it by talking about friends and then I had a window cause my best friend/crush came up but then I got nervous and changed the topic. :eusa_doh: Then there was a dead silence and I said "I have something I have to tell you but I really don't want to say it but I need to say it so we can talk about it." :eusa_sile Naturally she got worried and was like "are you in any danger?" I assured her that I was in no danger but then we just sat there and I couldn't get the stones to say three words "I-am-gay". She suggested writing it down but I didn't want to cop out. :confused:

Now I have to wait till our next session. :bang: I want to make sure that I am going to be able to say it next time. :help: Should I just give up and send her an email? I don't want to come out in an email.:tears:

2. Mogget

It's not a cop-out to write it down.

3. MightNeedThis

Agreed with Mogget, it's not a cop-out to write it down. Plenty of people come out via notes and letters, saying it is very, very hard. Maybe write it on a note in the car before your appointment, don't even put it in your pocket. Keep it in your hand, and if your therapist asks you can just hand it to them. If they don't, just say "This is what I wanted to talk to you about".

And i promise, it's not a cop-out :slight_smile: