1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huge crush but I'm pretty sure he is str8- Help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CDawson, Jan 16, 2014.

1. CDawson

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok so I an 13 years old and in 7th grade. I'm openly gay to some of my friends and some of my family as well. (not my dad's side though because they are super religious.) I have a MASSIVE crush on and 8th grader at my school. He is GORGEOUS. Great smile, skin, and blue eyes that make my heart skip a beat. *he just walked into the room! :icon_redf * So anyway, there is one problem with this god-like guy... though no girls want him, I'm pretty sure he's str8. Damn. But I'm getting mixed signals. He plays football all of the time but he really seems to enjoy wrestling around with the other football-playing boys. He is really hot and I want to know what I should do. Should I tell him. But I don't really hang out with him and this is my new school so I'm not really close to him either. :help: Please help me out with what to do about this god-like guy.
    P.S: He is going to High School next year so that kind of adds to my problem.

Thanks,

CDawson

2. Ristampa

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    First of all, do not try to understand if he is gay by watching if he enjoys wrestling around with the other football-playing boys, or the company of boys. The idea that gay men are more into sport, or into art, or like more to have male friends than female friends , is a stereotype with no connection to reality.

That said, the chance that he is gay oscillate from 4% to 9.8% percent according to the most serious studies around (there is not a general consensus on this issue in science), so unfortunately it is low. And even if he is, since he is not out, you should accept the idea that right now he may be protecting the closet, and trying to approach him you may just be rejected strongly for this reason.So you should try to express you feelings in a very private way, avoiding public confrontation. Maybe a private whatsapp message where you give him little signals could be a good idea. But whatever you do be prepared for a possible rejection. Which is no big deal if it happens, you will have tons of boyfriends in the future.

By the way, i want to compliment you for coming out so early.

3. CDawson

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you so much. And by signals you mean... like, can I have some examples of what these signals might look like? You were so much help and I really appreciate it. Thank you so, so much.

4. Ristampa

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You should give him little hints, without being too explicit. Put the horse near the water, and let see if he drinks it.

Start with things like "i really liked watching you the other day at the game/the wrestling match/wherever you saw him". Or "i liked talking to you of XXXXXX, you made me feel good".

Then wait for his reaction. If you get positive feedback, wait a little while (one day or two) and then text again and be more specific like "i made a dream about you, a good one" or "i had a fantasy about you".

With more positive feedback, go to the attack.

During all the process try always to be confident, don't act strange in his presence ,be cool. If he looks at you , smile and don't show him that you are nervous! When you are courting someone, if you look nervous, he will be compelled to walk away from you, and this will happen no matter what is the gender and the sexual orientation of the other person!

Remember that you have a lot to offer to him, a you are beautiful and have a lot of love to give him ,so he is very lucky if he decides to date you and be with you. You are a catch boy. So don't be nervous about the situation ok?

If he tells you that he is straight, don't make a drama about it. Growing you will have tons of boyfriends, and also having crush for straight guys is a thing will happen other times, but is not a big deal.

If he reacts like a jerk, and start insulting you , don't let him make you feel bad, defend yourself and put him in his place. No violence , just words. You can start by remembering him that guys that act homophobic normally grow up , get married, have children,vote republican and then are caught sucking a guy's dick in the toilet of a restaurant (this is partially a lie, but he doesn't know it, and it will make him cry in the night).

I hope i helped you. Post here to tell how it goes. An hug from italy (*hug*) . Bye.

5. CDawson

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks so much!! omg this helped a ton!!! :grin: ur so smart and awesome!

6. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ask him out(see what happens) or move on,there is no point on waiting.

7. CDawson

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    -_-

---------- Post added 17th Jan 2014 at 08:28 AM ----------

Um... no.

---------- Post added 17th Jan 2014 at 08:29 AM ----------

at least, not yet. I have started dropping signals. So we'll see how that goes.