1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mum went through my diary!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by phoebe, Jan 17, 2014.

1. phoebe

i know this is stupid >_<

Me and my friends had this massive sleepover and everyone has been coming out recently (not in our group) so we were talking about it. One girl said we should write our orientation (sexual and gender) on a piece of paper (no names or anything) and then we had to guess who was who and if you got it right then the person you guessed had to write there email
    -LESBIANOVERHERE
    -BISEXUALOVERHERE
    -GAYOVERHERE
    -STRIAGHTOVERHERE
    and so on.
    there are 5 people in our group, (THIS IS HOW TREY WROTE IT)
    GAY
    STR8
    STRGHT STRAIGHT
    sTRAIGHT
    straight

so i was the only gay one there.
    this what they guessed

A-gay
    B-straight
    S-straight
    L-straight
    P-gay

seeing as though they guessed me right, i had to make my email address

i wrote this all in my diary and a couple of days ago ripped it out.
    i was cleaning out my draw and chucked it in there

i don't clean much so i think my mum went in there to clean it up

IT'S GONE
    help!

2. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

You shared this news with a group of teenage girls on a whim and you view a missing diary as the security breach?

By the way... Whoever suggested the sharing at the sleepover is most likely questioning their own sexuality.

3. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm....although the game they played is awkward, Phoebe might be more comfortable with her girlfriends knowing than her mother. I've seen some of her posts before and from what I can recall I believe she said she has very homophobic parents. I would guess from her post here that she's still a teenager(but I might be wrong, if so, sorry Phoebe) and thus there is a good chance that she is still financially dependent on her parents. That makes her situation a little different than yours or mine.

Phoebe, I'm sorry your mom took your journal. Has she said anything to you? Do you know for sure it was her? I'm a little confused, when you said you ripped out the pages did she find those pages or did she just find the rest of your journal?

4. LadyLuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Parents should learn not to read diaries. Everyone should have the right to their privacy and diaries are meant to be kept private. If she read it that is really unfair on you. My Mum read mine once. Its a horrible feeling knowing someone has been reading through your secrets and feelings.
    How would you feel about confronting her and asking if she read it?

5. Girishbbe

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's possible that they just threw it out without reading it, but not likely. Parents always spy on their children. Best advice I can give is relax. There really isn't much for you to do in this case. It's all more or less out of your control, so try not to worry well you wait to see if a shoe drops.