1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ichiromvp07, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Ichiromvp07

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    To put it point blank I know I'm different, I've never said it to anyone. I've only confirmed it on this website.
    I hate it, and And sort of like it that I'm gay. I want to tell someone because it's eating me alive, but I'm only in high school, I want to wait till I'm out of high school before I think of anything. I'm definitely not telling my parents, unless I'm far away and I can text them. (I plan on the military and then college, so I can avoid them for a few years) even then I may not tell them. It's not like I'm going to see my high school mates in college or anything, so why should I say anything to them.
    I just hate it, then of course I've got a major crush on someone for 5 1/2 years, go figure it's a straight girl. But hey I'm not then only one with this problem.
    I know I'm in the closet, it's just to know when to come out.

2. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that coming out is all too often generalized into gathering the courage until you're ready. But that implies a decision being made and that's not how it is--at least not for me. I think of it more as a a necessity for survival. When you get to the point where the loneliness and sadness is too much to handle and you can't keep hiding who you are, you come out. It's a battle. But that's why we are all here. To help you.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to Empty Closets! :slight_smile:

It seems like that a part of you would very much want to be out, at least to the extent where you can go out, and say to somebody, 'I like you.' Sometimes, telling one person, can already be quite helpful because you have released some of the pressure, and stress that comes with hiding in the closet.

If you think about your current circle of friends, is there one friend to whom you could safely come out? Once you are aware of that there is one person to whom you could come out, the timing of it, could present itself.