1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out to my old friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Black Swan, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Black Swan

Hey!

So I want to come out to my best friend. I'm seeing her tomorrow. Mum's out, Dad's working from home, the brother may hang around or may do other stuff. So mostly we'll be alone, and this is important cause it's much easier coming out if it's just the two of us. I think she'll be pretty accepting, I've heard her mention gay friends and stuff, she seems pretty chill. To be honest, I've got a deep down feeling that she likes girls herself from what she's said and she practically told me she was gay once, but even if she's 100% straight, I've decided that I still want to come out to her.

It's a movie night at mine. So... how should I do it? I guess I'm not sure just how I'm supposed to bring it up. I don't want it to be a big deal, like when I came out to my parents.
    Have you guys got any successful coming out stories to share? :icon_wink

2. Kellyve

Well I doubt mine will be helpful, but hey. I just sent my fest friend a text message. It wasn't that I didn't WANT to tell her in person, but I was in a different country, also I could bear the idea of telling her in person XD anyways you could just drop it into the conversation, or start by talking about being gay and opinions and stuff and then tell her. Or you could write her a letter.... So many options!