1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOS! I need advice ASAP!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gaynerd64, Jan 19, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

I am pretty sure that I am gay... I feel no attraction to girls and I find guys hot. But how do I admit that? My parents might be disappointed in me and my grandparents would most definitely be mad. And then I have to deal with Christian beliefs... gay is wrong, blah blah blah.I am not Christian but my family is. I am also worried about bullying, I go to a special tech school that considers everybody "family" but I am already socially awkward enough without being publicly gay. I don't know what to do, I've been pondering for over two years now.:bang:

2. Adhoc

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Don't rush yourself into coming out, particularly if you feel uncertain about your sexual identity or think it may jeopardize your family/financial situation.

But remember that coming out is your decision, and your decision alone.

If it's important for you and you feel ready, try and find someone you feel most comfortable to come out to first who would be the most likely to be supportive.

Do you know how supportive your school might be? I've heard of many who come out to their school before their family or parents to gain confidence. If they wouldn't be, this may not be an option, but it may be something to keep in mind.

Hope for the best, and remember that you can always seek help in your community. There are plenty of resources, and you've found one excellent one.

3. mikey1345

mikey1345 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    take your time! what's the rush to figure everything out at once. Take this time for your self and explore your thoughts and feelings. And even when you do figure everything out there is nothing to say you have to tell your family right away. tell people what ever you want to tell them WHEN you want to tell them.

I really wish you luck!