1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice. Quickly!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gaynerd64, Jan 19, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

I have been pondering gayness for the past 2 years and have finally decided that I am gay. I really want to come out, but I need answers to my questions first. Hopefully sometime next week I can escape the closet and be the happy nerd I want to be. But I have questions.

1. How do I tell people I am gay? Who should I tell first?
    2. The Bible says that being gay is wrong. Thus many Christians (Including most of my family) are against gay people. I personally am not Christian, but how do I convince the people who are that gay is okay?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I do hope I'll get the advice that I need so that I can come out.

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad you're coming to terms with yourself. Great feeling. :slight_smile:

My advice:
    1) If you must come out to someone, tell someone(s) you can trust. You don't have to tell your family first. I didn't tell my family first. In fact, I told them last. If you have a trusted adult you can tell, tell them. If you're at school with a cool counselor, tell them. They're almost always happy to support you.
    My advice is to tell someone that you are reasonably sure is accepting of gays.

2) Unfortunately, most of the time, someone who thinks being gay is a sin is not going to have their mind changed, especially if it's a gay person trying to change their opinion. Whenever I encounter someone that says homosexuality is a sin because of The Bible, I just ignore them. I'm not going to change their mind, and they're not going to convince me.

Some last advice to you -
    Just because you've 'decided' right now (at age 14) that you're gay does not mean that you can't be different later.
    We humans mature a lot as we turn 15, 16, 17, and our sexuality is no different.

Just don't limit yourself because you've decided you're gay. :slight_smile: You might feel differently later, and that's perfectly fine.

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome ... I can only repeat what TJ said... take it when you are ready and to people you trust

Would you have a hard time at school if you came out? Would you be able to keep it to yourself a bit longer.. these are all interesting questions !!

The main thing is to do it when it feels right for you