1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

worried to write this

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 94nat, Mar 22, 2007.

1. 94nat

I don't know how to say this but this is one reason I have joined the forum. I am very worried about what i am about to say on the net.
    I have just started my 2nd yr in High school and think that I have fallen for another boy. I have had sleep overs at his place and he has had then at mine. At his place he has his own room and can lock the door. We have slept together naked and have played in bed. Its taken me some to get this out into the open but i now feel better about telling some one.
    His parents seem to like me and just think that we are school mates. At my place we cant get up to much because I share a room with my brother and my friend sleeps in a fold up bed. Although when my brother is sleeping we have played a bit. Is this normal for 2 boys? :icon_redf

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I don't know what is "normal for two boys" now, but I'm sure plenty of people here do.

When I was around your age (in the mid-late 70's) I was at boarding school with around 50 boys, and there was quite a lot of the sort of thing you describe going on. Not in bed as that would be seen, but in various private and quiet places around the building. I would guess that around half the boys were doing it.

It is ov course most unlikely that half of us really were gay. Looking on "Friends Reunited" website, almost all of those I remember and have signed up there are straight, or at least living straight lifestyles. Just two others on there are gay, and neither of those come as any surprise.

So from my experience I would say that it is probably normal for two boys around your ages to do what you are doing, and it doesn't mean that he is gay.

It is difficult if you are gay and he isn't, because you would obviously feel that there is much more to what you are doing than he does.

3. dfgnan21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi 94nat! I wouldn't say it's un-normal, but if I were you I'd want to know more about what this guy is thinking. A good idea might be to discuss it with him and find out how he feels about it, either the next time you do this again or whenever you are in private. Whichever you feel more comfortable with and that way you'll be able to find out how he feels about it. Hopefully that'll at least ease your mind a bit from wondering. I don't think it'd be unexpected to discuss either. Just an idea and if you don't mind me asking, how do you feel about what you two are doing? If you like him, then good and I hope you can both work something out... if not then that is a whole other set of issues.

4. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    no mate, it sounds pretty the norm to me. i had a similar time with a 11yo (i was 12). ive just turned 16 now and still have sleepovers with mates. ive got 2 younger brothers (13 & 10) and sometimes our bedroom at home is a full house with sleepovers happening.