1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gaynerd64, Jan 21, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

I want to come out... but I am simply too shy and scared to tell anybody I know.:confused:

2. Pete1970

I know how you feel, i only came out to a few people i know. I find it pretty easy though to come out to people i dont know like my therapist and people i met at a meetup group. If possible and safe to doso,maybe you can start with people you dont know too well just to get comfortable telling people then move on to people you know.

3. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is scary, yes, so take as much time as you need. Talking to people in this site about it will be a good source of strength for you. And posting a thread like this is one very strong step already.

Do you know anyone that you feel that you can talk to? Like your favorite teacher or your best friend?

4. Batmanishere

Trust me I'm in the same spot you are. Today I talked with my best friend who recently came out to me as lesbian.

I didn't know who I should've trusted but, I feel I've made the right choice.

If you have someone who cares about you, they will love you for who you are, and trust me it's great to get a little load off your shoulders and at least tell someone :3.

The best of luck to you! I've learned so far, people love you for who you are, and they don't then they don't deserve you.