1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Met someone on Bebo!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Extreme26, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Extreme26

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I met someone through bebo who lives in my area. We have exchanged a few messages and stuff and he has asked for my phone number so we could perhaps arrange a meet. I really want to but I can't help thinking its too soon. We have only exchanged like 5 messages but he seems really keen. I sent him a message saying that we have only exchanged 5 messages and since then he hasnt responded. I really want to meet up with him but for some reason, I don't know why he does?I don't know what he wants from me, whether that be a serious relationship or just sex?

I don't know what to do or how to respond next?

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm, how do you know he is who he says he is?

After just 5 messages it seems pretty unlikely you can be certain of who he is. I think you should get to know him a bit more first.

3. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I agree with Martin, can't trust people these days.

4. EM68

Be careful!

5. Cool Beans

It seems like your gut instinct is to take things slowly. I think you should listen to it and use caution, as has already been suggested. Be very, very careful with this.

6. -Michael-

yer don't do it.... Really

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree with what everyone above has said.

Further on, if/when you do feel comfortable that he is who he says he is, arrange to meet for just a short period of time in a public area. Maybe in the town centre for a coffee or a burger or something.

Better safe than sorry. :thumbsup:

8. Alexander

OK. take everyone's advice, BUT. NEVER go out for food on a first meeting. go to a drink place instead. :slight_smile:

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! I agree with what has been said above. You should get to know him more before meeting with him in person. As Martin indicated, you don't know him well enough. You are questioning whether he is someone that's telling you the truth about himself. Follow your instincts on it. If you feel that something isn't right, don't do it. Given that you're questioning the timing, it sounds like that you are not ready for it. Once you are ready and you feel you know him well enough to meet him in person, take up Paul's suggestion on meeting him in a public place where you will feel safe.

If he doesn't respond anymore, the more reason to be cautious.

#9 Mirko, Jun 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  10. TeeJers

Please get to know him better online. Don't make the same mistake I made. You have plenty of time to meet him online, then when the time is right meet him in person in one of the places other people have talked about. Just be safe!

11. cm25

cm25 Guest

I think u sound like u are unprepared. U should talk more on the Internet to get to know him and when you feel comfortable ask him to meet you some where like Paul said, in public where you feel safe and people can see you. And talk to him on the phone too, it'll help you feel more assured with him. But please be safe!!