1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this mean that coming out is in the near future?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wontwalkblindly, Jan 22, 2014.

1. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been finding a lot of moments when I could tell my parents. Certain things they say, like "I love you" and I'll say, "forever?" (Cuz I'm random like that) and they'll be like "yup" ..and then I will think that that would be a good time to tell them. I don't, but I could.

So I'm finding a lot of these moments. I also think about coming out a Lot. Do u think coming out is in the near future for me?

(Sorry I know my thoughts aren't very organized. I'm really tired.)

2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It sounds like they're giving you a good opportunity to come out with an almost-certainly positive response. It's just a question of if you're ready to finally spit out those few words you've been holding in. I know for me, once I start thinking about something enough I eventually make it happen (with this being the obvious exception, but it's only been driving me crazy for a little over a month so who knows).

3. burg

kinda sounds like you have a pretty good relationship with them.why not?the love sounds to strong to kill with you lot.

4. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of my parents I know is accepting. The other one I have heard say homophobic things... (Nothing especially harsh. Just like "the church says its wrong" and stuff like that) ....so I don't know if it's really a guaranteed positive reaction from both.

5. WearyWanderer

Try telling the one you know is supportive first, and then ask that parent how you should proceed with the other one. He/she might be able to help you with his/her reaction. It seems like the other parent might need some time to adjust, but I think would come around eventually.
    Good luck. :slight_smile: