1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

more questions

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 94nat, Mar 22, 2007.

1. 94nat

Thanks to every one for answering my 1st post. I feel more at ease now. I finished school early today because of sports afternoon so this is good to go on to the net while the house is empty.
    I have another few questions to ask. Is it also normal to masturbate 2 or more times every day. I share my bedroom with my younger brother (who is 9). By the way I have just turned 13. He goes to bed first (about 8.30) and i follow about 10.00. I like sleeping naked (is this normal also??? Soon as I get into bed I masturbate. I keep tissues under my pillow so mum or dad will not find out. It feels so good but makes me so tied (is that also normal???). sorry about all the questions!!!
    I sleep then until the day light wakes me. I always seem to wake up before my brother. I wake up with a stiffy and then masturbate again. When I go to a sleepover sometimes I do it 3 times in the night. Do you think that this is ok?????

2. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi again mate, im no expert but it sounds all normal to me. i also share my bedroom but with 2 bros. one of them is your age and the other is 10. My 13yo bro has sex very much on his mind. he also masturbates sometimes a couple of times a night so i think that this is the norm for your age. masturbating also zonks me out! i just want to sleep after doing it. also sleeping naked is nothing to worry about, i do it and my 2 younger bros do also.

3. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello 94nat,

It's good that you feel comfortable asking these questions somewhere. Society seems to condition people to worry about talking about masturbation, and sex in general, so people don't get the information they need.

2 or more times a day is quite common. Younger people tend to do it more frequently. When people get older, or get a mate and start having sex, the need/ desire to masturbate decreases, and may only be once a day or once a week, or less frequently. As well at your age hormones are raging, making you want to do it 2+ times a day. You are also experimenting and learning about your body. It's completely normal.
    Here's a link to another thread on "how often":
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=879

Sleeping naked is also very common. I might hazard a guess and say close to 50% of the population. I tend to wear clothes, especially in the winter because I get cold. Do whatever's most comfortable.

It is also very common (universal even) to be tired immediately after masturbating. I don't masturbate every night, and if I'm having troubles falling asleep, I might masturbate because I know I'll probably fall asleep afterwards. A lot cheaper than sleeping pills! I's also quite common to have absolutely no sexual desire immediately after you orgasm.

As far as doing it when your brother's around, that's your choice but you might have some questions to answer if you're caught. That's why a lot of people do it in the washroom.

Also I normally avoid it at things like sleepovers, because if you're caught people might make you the subject of fun (even though they do it themselves!). But where I see you sometimes "play" with your mates, that might change things.

An interesting fact: Regardless of what they say, 99% of the male population has or currently does masturbate. the other 1% is lying.

Another fact:
    People commonly wake up stiff.

You also can't hurt yourself masturbating:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1214

This thread talks about "where and how"
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1007

You mention going on the net when no one else is in the house. Is it a common computer? Do you clear the history when you're done? Otherwise your parents / brother might find sites like this on the computer and you'd have some questions to answer that you might not yet be ready to!

4. Asselstine

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dude,

Everything you asked about...it's all normal! Nothing to worry about. I am 32 years old and I have been through and seen almost everything. You're not doing or experiencing anything unusual or abnormal!

5. spydar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yup Nnnnnormmall ssorry shakky handd!:grin:

6. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Nate, everything you are doing is normal. Nothing to worry about.

Sleeping nude is perfectly fine too. I do to this day. Also even though it wasn't asked, I use to go "commando" (don't wear under ware) all the time as a result of my time in Viet Nam, but over my later years have taken to the boxer briefs. So if that ever comes up in your life, yep, normal too. Just be careful with zippers!

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree with JayHew - it all sounds fine and normal to me.

I sleep nude because I find it more comfortable and relaxing (no cloths to get tangled up, no elasticated waistbands to irritate). I have done for many years; the only exception occasionally is if it is too cold, then I wear a t-shirt and shorts.

When I was your age I masturbated 2 or 3 times a day. If you look at the "how often" posts here you'll find that's completely normal too. As you get older (late teens onwards) it will probably gradually reduce.

And yes, masturbating or sex does make you feel relaxed and tired, and indeed can help you sleep.

All completely normal and nothing at all to worry about. :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

8. TriBi

Same answer from me :slight_smile:.

Oh - and I have hated wearing anything in bed for more years than I can remember - I stopped doing so before I turned 10 years old!

9. 94nat

Thanks to every one that answered my post. I understand more now and feel better about myself. We only have 1 computer in the house and i will have to be careful to delete the history each time as my dad and 9yo brother uses it to.
    I had a bad thing happen to me last weekend. Last weekend I had a sleep over at a friends place. He is also 13. I havent slept at his place before. He slept naked so I thought that seeing he was I would to. I seplt in his bed and he was in a folding up bed next to me. I couldn't help it but had a wet dream all over his clean sheets in the middle of the night. Im glad it dried by the morning. I dont think that he or his mum and dad will find out? :icon_redf

10. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Wet dreams are not bad Nat, they happen to all. As for not knowing about it, if someone is astute, they will notice the sheets have been "starched" in a spot or two. But again nothing to be ashamed of, it happens a lot as teens and as my mother told me finally in my twenties, "you sure had an active dream/sex life when you were younger". It is something everyone seems to know about except the fellow that it is happening to, until much later.

No worries though. And nothing to be ashamed of.