1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need some advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by welshboy, Jan 24, 2014.

1. welshboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi im 14 and im ready to come out ,well im half way there i told a close group of friends that im gay and they didn't seem to mind if anything they where happy that they had a gay friend.im ready to tell everybody else so I've decided Il do it on the last week before we break up for half term in about 2 or 3 so i will tell everybody then so people have a week for it to spread and be forgotten about even though the majority of people wont even care so the big problem is telling my mum , i want to tell her before i tell everyone else but i don't know how to tell her , im pretty sure she'l be fine with it but i just don't know how to tell her i don't want to write a letter or send a text or anything like that because i told one of my friends that i was gay by text and it was quite awkward for me and i tried to avoid her but now its ok.can you give me some advice please

2. katwat

From the mom side of it all - if you have a close relationship with your mother and normally can talk to her about important things perhaps just plan a quiet conversation. Make sure the two of you will have privacy without interruptions. Maybe start with "mom I love you and I want to tell you something important." I know my daughter feeling safe enough in our relationship to talk to me made me very happy.

I wish you luck and loads of support.