1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so confusing!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sam, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Sam

Sam

parents are so confusing sometimes and I know it shouldn't bother me but I came out to my mom almost a year ago and my dad a few months ago and they accepted me completely or so I thought I mean my mom can actually joke with me but if I try to have a serious conversation with here about it she tenses up and changes the subject as quickly as possible and there are little hints given all the time that makes me think they are kind of in denial about it. My mom knows that I am mostly attracted to girls and only occasionally guys but she sends me emails all the time with pics of a guy posing, stuff that her friends sends her and always comments on ''hot'' guys that are walking by her when she is with me ''isn't that guy hot'' while I'm thinking umm no not seeing what you are seeing and she is always talking about when I find a guy and get married and have kids and they are always asking me if I have a boyfriend and never asking if I have a girlfriend I'm just kind of rambling I just had to get that off my chest why can't they just accept it completely and stop bugging me about guys maybe they are holding on to the chance that I might find a guy attractive enough to marry him or something well I'm sorry but I don't find too many guys I'm attracted to.:bang:

Sam

2. Micah

Unfortunately it seems that when people come out as bisexual, it can be seen as a "phase" or something similar. It's a lot more difficult to be taken seriously, without having solid proof of your sexuality (such as a girlfriend).

Have you had any relationships with girls that they've seen? That might be your problem, you say on thing (that you're bisexual), however they don't have any proof to back it up. Some people are like that though. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it can sure be frustrating :frowning2:

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    If you read the stages of grief that are posted on here, Denial is one of them! I think many parents are like this. Some people have been out for years and their parents are still avoiding the subject.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest