1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bleaching My Hair Blonde.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TyraBanksIsFierce, Jul 1, 2008.

1. TyraBanksIsFierce

I'm sick of my hair at the moment which is a medium brown(And looking white), So I want beach it blonde. Whats the best way to go about it? I kinda want to avoid going to a salon as I have like no money u_u, And I saw this stuff at the supermarket which looks pretty good~[​IMG] Idk, Its in another language in the pic but yeah. Its not like I'll fuck it up as I'll get my older sis is pretty good at doing all that hair dying/bleaching stuff.

So yeah.

Advice?

2. Jace

Oh gosh audrey kitching said something about this

She said to use something other than bleach because bleach is very bad for your hair, it'll dry it out big time

But I can remember what
    I've seen it before though

3. LOVEjames

If you're going to bleach your hair, be prepared to leave the conditioner in for a longass time. It totally damages your hair.

4. Malchik89

Yeah it does, i bleached my hair in like early january, my hair was not the same, i have to condition now, but be prepped for it. But the awesome thing was it allowed me to do colors in my hair such as blue and pink, WHICH I DID! But yeah i just did it in the kitchen, its really not that hard.

5. sexyalex

I have nothing to say,

except...bleaching is NOT the answer...but if u want to then fine. Just so u know, bleaching is not something one should do on their own. I recommend if u want to go blond, FIND A HAIR STYLIST! and a dawm good one too, ether ur gonna be in extreme pain, or ur hair is gonna start falling out if ANYTHING goes wrong. :confused:

but, it's your choice.

6. Stargate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    really its not that big of deal, ive bleached my hair before and it was fine. Yeah a little dry so you condition for a while

7. -Michael-

My friend bleaches her all the time....

Dont see what the prblem is....she has nice hair :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. HalfInsane

I think it also depends on your hair type. Some peoples' hair can take more abuse than others. I've got a friend who has bleached her hair quite a number of times and it's fine, and another friend who's hair was totally ruined after bleaching it... it was like brittle straw.

If I were you, I'd consider that. If your hair is fairly healthy right now, it'll probably be safer to bleach it than if it is already dry... in which case, it could be a bad idea. Also, try and find a high quality product, or maybe ask someone you know who has bleached their hair what they used and how it worked.

9. Tim

Tim

Yea, it definately depends on your hair, that red I had in my hair had a lot of bleach in it so that the red would actually take to anyone's hair as the actual red, and my hair is just as shiny and soft to touch as ever.

Though, Bleaching your hair isn't very safe, if you go through with it, get someone who knows HOW to to help you. The last thing you need is to accidently get bleach in ur eyes, on your clothes, etc.

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Store-bought stuff works pretty well. Just DO read the directions, and DO take all the warnings seriously.

I'd suggest not going THAT blonde to begin with. It may strip you down too far. Instead, go for a more dark blonde/light brown, try that, and see how it goes.

Lex

11. TyraBanksIsFierce

Really?

But if I just condition it lots it'l be fine right?

What If i decide i hate it? Would i be able to dye over it? Cause I heard the metals(Or something) in dye and bleach like....rreact and make the hair break at the root..=O

And as hot as im sure I'd be if i was bald....................:confused:

12. Alex

My mom bleached my hair and it went ok.
    What i noticed was that my hair was quite dry, and i noticed a bit more hair fall out, nothing too serious. But if you dont have any experience, i wouldnt do it myself.

13. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

I'd strongly advise not to bleach your hair at home.

Bleaching is very tricky; the lighter you try to go, the higher the chance your hair might fall out (i'm not exaggerating). Depending on how "blond" you are thinking, i'd consider going to a salon. If its a natural blond, then go for it and do it yourself.

While it's great to save a buck dying your own hair, bleached hair requires a special touch.

14. sexyalex

agree, the longer u have it in....the more harm it may be, just take it a shade at a time.

15. sexyalex

:eusa_clap well said.

16. Alexander

and this dude would know :lol:

welcome back btw :smilewave

17. TyraBanksIsFierce

Waah im scared my hair will all fall out now...WELL my natural colour is a lightish brown so maybe I'll just use a color stripper/remover to remove the medium brown which has a slight hint of red in it. And like I dunno what then. But It better all be back at my natural colour not like last time I bought one(Well I guess it might have been cause my hair was black)

18. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

i'd like to think i've learned a thing or two over the years haha.
    thank you, good to be back.

My hair is naturally dark brown, so i think it's certainly doable.
    I'm exaggerating a tad as well, your hair won't completely fall out but you may lose a lot due to breakage.

Here's what i had done in the salon the first time i went to do this blonde.

First she applied a stripper and literally pulled on my hair until my color was stripped to a color close to an orange. She then conditioned it like it was going out of style. Then on goes the bleach (this is the reason why it should be done professionally, only someone who has worked with bleach before knows when to call it quits). I sat there for an hour an i ended up with a yellow-blond. Then i waited 2 weeks then came back and got it platinum blond.

I seriously advise you not to do this yourself just for the reason that you may not know when to take it out so it causes minimal damage. As well as professional products make all the difference when conditioning. Spare no expense when doing a tricky hairstyle like platinum blond.

19. Stargate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Theres a difference between DYING hair and BLEACHING it. Bleaching it is bleaching, theres very little varity in bleaching colors. You DO NOT want to DYE your hair blonde unless you are a blonde (but my guess is you arnt because you want to bleach it) because it does funky things to your hair color and will most likely turn your hair orange (not very attractive). I you want a darker blonde then you still have to bleach the color out of the hair then dye it down to the color that you want.

20. TyraBanksIsFierce

Oh yeah, I don't really want it platinum, Just a Sandy Blonde as in this picture: [​IMG]

Ugh which probably means i'll have to get it bleached then dyed

EDIT: My Natural Hair Colour is pretty much the "Buttered Toast" in that pic

#20 TyraBanksIsFierce, Jul 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2008