1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

us weirdos

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Esa, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Esa

Esa

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ok. holy shit i actually came out to my sister like 2 months ago which was like omg what and i was like omg yes but lets never talk about it again ever. So yep. I am now rambling, apologies. Still haven't told my parents, i feel like im weird enough already.why add to that?
    Yeppers. Ever feel like being gay or trans or anything else is the just the last straw on the camel's back? why mess with the status quo? Uggghghghg:bang:

2. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Huh, what makes you feel weird? I guess I was always pretty eccentric/rebellious/weird growing up, and if anything, it seemed to make things easier for me, to say I was gay, because on top of how I wore my hair, looked and dressed, and the things I did, it seemed like just one more little detail. Not that it was easy, at all, but looking back, I think it helped more being 'weird' than not.

Besides...normal people are boring!

3. OnWisconsin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think everyone here can agree it's unhealthy to suppress the fact that you're gay just because you think it is "weird". It is a prewired trait that you were born with, so why try to hide it? Trust me I'm going through this myself so I get where you are coming from. I'm scared of being an outcast too. But it sounds like you may already be one so... Why not just be yourself? You'll be happier for it in the long run and may find other LGBT people to hang out with!

4. Mr Scratch

Honestly? I never felt that way.

I spent a lot of time in my teens confused about my sexuality, but it never occurred to me that it had to be a life-shaking thing. Oh, I often found myself angry or hurt if a bully called me queer (or worse) but I didn't feel that way because I was attracted to guys. I felt that way because of the hostile intent behind what the person was saying.

Most days, I didn't feel like I was a weirdo or not normal, but I was concerned that other people might not accept me for who I was. It was a conundrum, no doubt about that, but I never felt like my sexual confusion was going to crush me, or that it was going to be the thing to push me over the brink into a really dark place.

If you're concerned about letting your family know, maybe wait to tell them until you're in a better place emotionally. Try and become comfortable with yourself before worrying about whether or not other people are comfortable with it.