1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my mum found out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by welshboy, Jan 27, 2014.

1. welshboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First of all im 14 and only a few of my friends no im gay.So i went on holiday to Spain and there was this 15 year old really cute boy staying in our hotel. I was sat by the pool and he walked over and introduced himself and asked me how old i am and where im from the usual because we looked the same age hes smaller than me blond blue eyes and not to skinny not to fat my type.We got talking and we found out wer both in year 10 but he lives on the other side of England.anyway he told me he was gay and said he hope hoped i didn't mind so i told him i was to and we both smiles after 2 days we where kissing and spent alot of time with each other when we where in the hotel but my mum saw and told my sisters which i was angry about but at least i don't have to come out to her i was wondering if this means i have to come out to everyone else , i think im ready but i don't know if im to young

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, you don't HAVE to do anything. Your mum knows, your sisters know, you don't owe it to anyone to inform them.

If you're ready to tell other people then go for it...if not, wait until you are, your age doesn't make a heck of a lot of difference...

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're definitely not too young... some people know when they're 8 or 9. But as Ellia said, it's your choice about when, and to whom, you come out. It s pretty much whenever you feel ready.

It might make sense to talk to your family, though, and let them know what you decide about whom it's ok to tell.