1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Yosia, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Yosia

I am a really shy and quiet person, so noone actually knows much about me. But i want people to know that i am orientated towards boys so i can have a meaningful relationship with one..

My bestest friend knows about my sexuality but that is it and it didnt take much to come out to them as they said that they were bisexual and i said "really? I like boys too" but now i want to tell a lot of people including my family. I want to tell my brother as i know he will be supportive and that can then give me the confidence to tell my mum as my brother could support me. However, i dont know how to tell anyone and i need help >_<

2. ChainsrGone

I started with the people I was pretty sure would be supportive so that I had a support system to fall back on if and when there were others that did not support me.

3. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Would it be to emotionally exposing to write a letter? Or consider facebook?

4. Batmanishere

Honestly I'm super shy too... I'm only out to one close friend (hopefully another soon!) but I would just recommend saying "Hey I'm ___". That way it is short and sweet and it will get the point across.

I know coming out is a horrible part of your life, I'm going through the same thing, but people will still ALWAYS love you for who you are, and coming out will help you be who you are. Best of luck to you!/