1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About to tell...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by crossfire0159, Jul 1, 2008.

1. crossfire0159

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My friend right now is going through some major problems with her main best friend and joining the army and other stuff, and i have been trying to assist without getting majorly involved.
    That's not the issue though.
    She has told me some some deep stuff that only a select few people know, the friend she is having issues with is in that small circle of trust.
    I seriously feel that she is someone i can trust.
    I haven't told anyone that i am gay yet.
    I'm just not sure that I want the masses to know, but having other people besides my self know of my homosexuality would be really great.

I need a different prospective on the situation.
    Maybe someone who is further along in his/her journey.

HELP!

2. cm25

cm25 Guest

well its really your choice wether to tell her or not because you know how well you trust her and if you feel comfortable telling her than go ahead. But if you feel like she is someone you don't trust enough to tell yet than don't pressure yourself into it. Good luck!!!

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel that you can trust her and that she will be accepting of you than you could come out to her. It sounds like that you would feel comfortable in telling her and with her knowing about it. Having others know about your sexual identity can certainly help you and be a relieve in that you won't have the feelings of hiding something from her. But if you have still any lingering doubts as to whether you can trust her or if you feel that you are not entirely ready for it yet, don't rush into it. If you are not entirely sure as to how she might react you could introduce the topic of homosexuality in a general discussion first and hear what she has to say.

Having said this, I am wondering whether this is actually the best timing for coming out to her as you've mentioned that you're friend is going through some of her own problems. At times when we have our own major problems to think and worry about we react in different ways than we would normally. Maybe (and this is totally up to you) you could wait a bit.

Hope it goes well. Good Luck!

#3 Mirko, Jul 1, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  4. crossfire0159

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think I'm going to tell a differnet person first.
    Someone who indirected inspired me to come to terms with my homosexuality.

5. paint

It definitely helps to have someone know.

6. Jim1454

That sounds like a good idea. If that person is someone you respect and inspires you. Good luck!

7. cm25

cm25 Guest

gain if that person is someone who you trust and feel comfortable telling go right ahead andro it but if you don't feel comfortable that don't do it, good luck

8. crossfire0159

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Definitely not telling my friend.

Our friend who recently came out has a boyfriend who is a total ass.
    And she really pissed at our friend cause now our friend A, with the new bf, is treating her like shit.
    I'm afraid if i tell her that she will associate his negativity with homosexuality, and i don't want her to think I will give up on her like A did.

9. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry that it hasn't gone the way you wanted it thus far. But your mutual friend's action/treatment of your friend should not prevent you from coming out her. I'm sure your friend can distinguish between you and your mutual friend and that the way he is treating her has nothing to do with homosexuality. If you are afraid that she will think that you are giving up on her, in your coming out to her, you could emphasize that this will not change your relationship nor your treatment of her.

If you feel that it would be better to wait, then wait a few days.

Hope this helps!

10. crossfire0159

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Tomorrow(Saturday)/Today (cause it's past 12) is the big day.

I'm telling my friend who is gay and indirectly helped me come to terms with myself.

I am going to do this!!

11. James

Good luck! (*hug*)

12. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good Luck! Let us know how it went.

13. MeskElil

Good luck--it sounds like she's a good person to tell.
    And a hint:
    Don't make a big deal out of it. I mean, don't stand there and look nervous and say, "Um, I, um, have something to, um, tell you," and look like you're going to pass out from stress. My friend does that everytime he comes out to someone new and they always look at him after he tells them and they say, "What, that's it? I thought you were going to ask for my help to hide a body or something."
    But other than that, I think the situation was pretty well-covered in the previous posts! Good luck with it!