1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ashleyghall15, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Okay, so I really want to come out to my friends and family, but i'm so scared. My mom is religious and doesn't really support homosexuals, but she doesn't really hate them, and my dad is really homophobic. So that really sucks. Most of my friends are like my parents and they wouldn't be my friends anymore if they knew, and I have a huge crush on the friend that supports it and wouldn't leave if she knew. I can still tell her without telling her my feelings...right? I know my friends and family deserve to know, but I'm not sure if I can handle their reactions. What should I do??

2. ChainsrGone

As I've told others, in my opinion, the best place to start is with those that you know will be supportive. That way, you have a support system to fall back on when there are others who do not support you. I don't feel there is any reason to have to share your feelings for your friend with her when you tell her. But having support is important. Tell your friends and family when you feel ready to, but if you have 1, 2, or more people who you are pretty sure will support you, build up your support system first.

Just my two cents :slight_smile: