1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dsfox2009, Jul 1, 2008.

1. dsfox2009

So, my best friend ever is (I hate saying this, but...) is a girl who goes through boyfriends pretty quickly. And last summer, she moved to Oklahoma to live with her dad. While she was there, she texted me every day and told me about whats been going on in her life. That...was when I first heard about Drew.

Drew was one of her ex-boyfriends. And let's just face it...he's HOT! She sent me a picture of him without his shirt on one day, and let's just say that I still have it on my phone. I told her how hot I thought he was whenever I saw him. And that's when she told me...he was bi. And it's also when I started liking him.

So fast forward to late May. My friend moves back to Texas, just not my home town. She decides to come down here for a week so we could hang out for the first time in close to a year. While she was here, she really started noticing how much I was falling for her ex. She asked me if I wanted to meet him. Of course I said yes! We planned a trip to where she lives now (that took place last week), and we planned on Drew coming. He said he was, and I couldn't have been happier.

About two weeks ago, Taylor calls me and tells me that drew couldn't get off work. I wasn't going to get to meet him. I...cried. That night was when the dreams started. I would just dream about the day I was going to get to meet him. Our first kiss...and maybe even more than that. I still went up to her house. Of course I would...I mean it was still an opportunity to see my best friend. The first night I was there, I had one of the dreams, and Taylor was sleeping in the same bed as me. And let's just say...I talk in my sleep! I woke up crying, because in the dream Drew slept with me and then just walked out without even a goodbye. She asked me if I really felt so much for him. And I told her the truth. I do.

Ever since then, she has been trying her hardest to get me to stop feeling this way. She tells me how much of an @$$ he is...how he only thinks about sex...and how he isn't the right person for me. But, he's still all that I can think about.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...what do I do?!:icon_sad:

2. Louise

Sorry if this seems harsh, but you have fallen in love with a person who only exists in your imagination, of course this guy is perfect, you have made him yourself. You don't know Drew, maybe he has halitosis and body odour. You need to force yourself to stop thinking about him, turn your attentions to something you enjoy doing and lose yourself in that for a while.

In a few weeks this crush will have died down a bit. If you allow yourself to keep thinking about him you will just make yourself unhappy. This is within your power to do. If you haven't even met the guy yet how can you possibly be in love with him. You are in love with an image. He might be hot, probably is for I know but you can't go out with someone just on a hotness value, he might be a real jerk in real life.

3. Gumtree

Very well said and i agree 100%

Everyone wants some perfect person to love them one way or another, when u find someone that triger's something in you it can be so easy to confuse what you actually know about the person with what u want them to be.

A hard lesson that you can only learn from experience.

No use licking your wounds when time heals faster. As the saying goes.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty much, yeah. It's like you took a picture from a magazine, drew up his life story, and fell in love with that. All you really truly know about him is what he looks like. And as nice as that is, that's not a lot to go on. Especially since he lives in another state, and doesn't appear to be TOO ga-ga about meeting you (or he would've skipped work).

So you know you NEED to get over him, but how? Use the Lex two-pronged attack - stay social, stay active. You've got a him-shaped void in your life, and it's better if you start filling it yourself rather than wait for it to fill in naturally. Go out and do stuff with friends and/or family. Hang out, see movies, play video games, go shopping, whatever. And when you're alone, stay busy. Rearrange your room, get those CDs back in order, take all those clothes you've been meaning to get rid of to Goodwill, look into those colleges or new job opportunities. If your life is full, you won't have room to miss anybody or anything. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. Jim1454

^ What Lex said!

You've never met this person. I know it's tough - when other parts of our life don't seem to be going right - to latch on to something that makes us feel good. But this isn't a healthy interest... you need to move on.

Good luck!

6. cm25

cm25 Guest

I agree with everyone above, well put everyone. All your doing is falling in love with a image and that image is burning away your insides like a fire, a fire that you need to put out quickly. And theres only 2 ways to put that fire out. Meet him which doesn't sound like a good idea because by the way your friend put it he's a jerk and will hurt you even more. Who do you trust, a hot guys picture (inanimate) or your best friend in the whole world???? The other way is like many people above said, preoccupy yourself!!! Put your Mind off of him!!! And if you were wondering, choice A really is not a smart choice and if you take that choice, YOUR A FOOL!!!

7. dsfox2009

So...I just now read what you guys posted (about a week later though! lol), and since the last time I logged on, I have been doing everything that you guys have said! Crazy, right? Pretty much everything Lex has said...has gotten done these past few days.

AND, last night...me and my friend Taylor decide that I should come up there for another week. I hope she doesn't ask me if I want him to comoe. I really don't think that she will though. Wish me luck guys! And thanks for all your help.