1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help. I have to come out but I'm terrified.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Queerandafraid, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Queerandafraid

Out Status:
    All but family
    Over the weekend my mom got new SIM cards for our phones. While activating them, they switched our phone numbers. SO SHE WAS GETTING MY TEXTS. I'm a teenage girl, I have secrets my mom shouldn't fine out, including my sexuality. Anyways, I fixed the problem, but now my mom is suspicious of me. She turned on iMessage so she receives all of my messages along with hers. I panicked, thinking one of my friends would text me about a girl I like, so I turned off all iMessage and unlinked myself from our iTunes. My mom got mad, and I just keep telling her it's the new SIM card being weird...

So I've decided I better come out before she finds out by snooping. I'm terrified about it, but I'll feel better knowing I was the one who told her. Here's my plan:

My school has a 4 day weekend that starts February 14th and ends on the 17th. I will write a letter explaining everything. That I'm bisexual, but more homoromantic. That I've dated and kissed guys (she doesn't even know I've kissed a guy..) as well as dated and kissed girls. I'll talk about how I've hated myself for over a year, but have learned that it's okay. I will explain my acceptance and how I hope she accepts me too. I'll tell her I'm sleeping over at a friends house for the night and leave the letter on her bed. Then I'll spend the 4 day weekend staying at different friends houses so my mom has time to think about it and digest it.

Does this sound like a good idea? My mom is strict Irish catholic and conservative. She doesn't support gay rights... I just really like girls and can see myself with a girl more than a guy. I know I can't say it to her face because I tried to tell my sister and I couldn't even do that. I'm scared to tell her and how she will react, but I'm also scared she'll find out before I get the chance to tell her.

HELP???

2. sammy1

Not sure what to tell u other than maybe don't use the word 'homoromantic' because chances are she has never heard that word before so she may think if u use that word that u just made it up and not take u serious. I would stick with the more common ones like bisexual if u are attracted to both sexes. Homoromantic bisexual seems pretty specific and when coming out u really don't need to be very specific just as long as u get your point across correctly is the important part in my opinion. But good luck anyways.