1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friends don't get it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Willem, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Willem

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'll start off by saying that the age on my profile is not my real age I clicked the wrong button but was too lazy too change it. I'm almost 15 (turning 15 in two months) and I've came out too like 2 people but I'm a bit worried there just uncultured peasants and don't know what bisexual means or think I'm joking. I came out by sitting on the school bus while the two friends I was gonna come out to were right Infront of me, I just thought screw it hopped the seat and said "make way for the bisexual" they gave me confused looks so I just stared at them and said "I'm bisexual" they just gave me that oookkkaaaaayyyy look. Whenever I say "person x" (male) is cute they stare at me and go "are you gay" and I've said "nope bisexual at least 10 times but I think they think I'm joking. P.S. In apologies for this text wall here's a link to an awesome song http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gFDCHdKbKBY&desktop_uri=/watch?v=gFDCHdKbKBY

2. eofox

First off, I commend you on deciding to come out. I haven't come out yet, but hopefully will in the next few days or weeks. Anyway, not to be rude but your friends sound kind of dense. If anything you could really go overboard and make it really obvious how you feel towards others. The worst thing you can do though is throw them into an uncomfortable situation. Again, I haven't come out yet, but best of luck to you.

I can only imagine what it would feel like to finally get up enough courage to tell someone and have them completely disregard you. Anyway, good luck again!

Edit: Forgot to add. Your profile currently isn't set to display your age, just so you know.

#2 eofox, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  3. Willem

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey man I actually got it through the guy I liked's head that I'm bi. The other followed suit and it ended up pretty awesome!

4. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are one great kid, Willem! And you friends are kinda dense (for15-year-olds), but they seem to be educable. :icon_bigg