1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my Readers, Feeling at a Great Start (Repost from Gender Identity)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Balloonwolf, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Balloonwolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    On New years eve, I decided to come out to my readers. I've been so worried about it since a lot of my friends who follow my writing and me don't know I identify as a fluid Trans* woman. Well, because it was the start of a new year, I figured it was the best time to do it. Also, I posted this a while ago in the gender identity feed, but because it is a kind of coming out story, I felt it might be best to give this a post here, too!

The readers who watch me, thankfully, aren't of my family. They're part of my family, since I have friends following, but they're not related to me outside of friends and fans. It was to be a shock, I'm sure, so I kept the post out of the eyes of my true family. Thankfully, everyone I've talked to has been very supportive.

Friends and fans identify me as Ma'am, miss, sug', and other names. At the party I went to, everyone called me princess, and it just felt so amazing. There was one person who missed the identity talk, but it was expected. I was just glad that everyone was so awesome about it.

Below, I've included the post that I released to my readers. This is a new step for me, and I'm still nervous. The therapist I work with has told me to enjoy just being ME, and by coming out as fluid, leaning female, I feel this is something that was necessary. Thank you so much to all of you who have helped me in my small posts. I couldn't do this small step without you!