1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling Optimistic

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by EM68, Jul 2, 2008.

1. EM68

What a difference 2 weeks makes. When I first signed up a couple of weeks ago on EC I was so stressed out and felt so hopeless about my sexuality. When I did my first post I was at wits end. For over a year I felt I was gay but I was too chicken to admit it to my self. Every time I though of it I hated myself and had a lot of self loathing and thought I would be alone for the rest of my life.

EC has been great with everyone with advice to me and reading everyone’s postings in the forum. Now I feel optimistic about my future. When I say to myself that I am gay I do not hate myself. I am starting to feel okay with this. I am not too sure that I can officially change my orientation on my profile to gay right now but in my heart I know that someday soon I will be able to. I am starting to think of my next steps in what to do to meet other gay people to socialize and maybe meet someone special. I have sent private messages to some of you on what my next steps may look like and it’s been very helpful. I found a PFLAG group that meets once a month a couple of towns from me. I am seriously thinking of going the next time they meet in a few weeks. I though I would share with guys some of my thoughts. Thanks again everyone!! (*hug*)

Has anyone gone to any PFLAG meetings? How are they

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It is great that you have (nearly) accepted your sexual identity. In time you will be able to accept if fully and be truly yourself. Congratulations! :slight_smile:

I think it would be great if you could meet other gay people and join a PFLAG group. Joining a GLBT group has helped me a lot personally. Although I haven't been to a PFLAG meeting but from what I have heard is that they tend to be very welcoming, supportive, and they are trying to help in any way they can.

I am glad that EC was able to help you.

3. cm25

cm25 Guest

I feel like I'm talking to myself because this is exactly how I was. A couple weeks on ANSI was starting to feel more comfortable with my sexuality and now a couple months in I am completely comfortable with being the way I am and I am glad I am the unique person I am. And now I'm dealing with the coming out process(how to) haha. Good luck with your acceptance and I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

4. Poring

Great for you!

I know the feeling you once had cause I'm sure most of us here was like you some part of their life. Though EC changed that... for all of us. I too feel even more sure about myself. :slight_smile:

Long live EC, and more power to you! :grin:

5. EM68

On thing that EC has proven to me is that I am not alone. That means a lot to me. Before for the first time in my life I felt I had no one to talk to. Now I know if I have any other issues or concerns I can ask you all for advise and support.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I go to the college and participate on a panel in the human sexuality class. One of the lesbian gals on the panel with me says that the first time she ever felt totally accepted for who she was, was at a PFLAG meeting! So go! :slight_smile: I'm glad we were able to help here at EC too!

7. EM68

The PFLAG group that is near me does not meet only once a month near the end of the month. I might try to go to another chapter that is a little further away. I am not to sure if I want to wait almost a month.

8. EM68

Earlier today I saw my family at my sister's place. While there my day, brother in law and grandmother were talking and somehow they were talking about how society is going downhill and anhthing goes. Then my grandmother said did you see those gays marching the other week, and the governor marching with them its so wrong and what is going on with society. My brother in law said basically that he did not see it wrong if thats they choice (to be gay) then its up to them. My dad said he not find any problems with gay people. I was in the middle I did not say anything. I just felt awkward and very uncomfortable.