1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Story (Advice needed!)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kalon, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Kalon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well I don't know anyone on here yet seeing how it's only my second day here but i'd like to get some advice on my life and current situation.

Currently i am a 20 year old guy from North Carolina who is currently a wrestling trainee at a local indy facility. I've never been in a relationship or even dated anyone before. Mostly because i've been confused about my sexuality since as long as i can remember. Growing up until the 7th grade i never thought of myself being gay/bi or whatever i am. Maybe i didn't care or think about it. Anyways i have had crushes on girls so i don't think i'm 100% gay but i've been sexually attracted to guys ever since middle school. don't believe i've ever had a "crush" on a guy just thought they were attractive. fast forwarding past high school because nothing happened there expect depression from denying the fact i am attracted to men. Now i'm 20 years old and accepted the fact that i am attracted to the same sex. I have came out to one friend but she lives half way across the country and we have never met in person so i'm not sure if it counts. besides the point i've have decided i am ready to come out so i can finally stop feeling so alone and depressed and date eventually but now since i have started wrestling training i'm scared too. Coming out to the people in my life that i am attracted to the same sex while becoming a pro wrestler isn't really a easy task to do. Seeing how the wrestling business looks at homosexuality. I'm torn that maybe i should quit wrestling and come out or should i stay in the closet until my career is over. I don't want to give up my dream but i also don't want to be unhappy forever. I'm ready to come out but i'm not sure how or the steps to even prepare. I'm confused about what to do in my life at this point.

2. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Are you crazy? :slight_smile:

The pro sports world is turning a corner.

Your generation owns the house now.

Tom

3. Kalon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    LOL. no i'm not but i don't want my sexuality to hold me back in life that's why i don't want to come out.

4. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A gay pro wrestler? I can imagine so many ways that the WWE promoter Vince McMahon could turn that into a money-making angle. He certainly has no limits to the theatrics he has introduced into what used to be a sporting event at the high school and college level. The gay guy who arrives in a pink feather boa (as stereotypically expected) then kicks the bad-guy's ass all over the ring. As Ms Mazippa sang in "Gypsy", "You gotta have a gimmick, if you want to get ahead." :eusa_danc

Seriously, you need to deal with your own identity as a gay man now, when it is the right time to do it. The remote possibility that you might be able to enter the very limited-in-number ranks of the pro wrestler arena is not a valid reason to deny yourself the authenticity of living your life as who you really are. Do your bodybuilding, enjoy your time eyeballing the hunks at the gym, and if you ever do get the chance to become a pro, realize that your sexuality will likely only be a side issue by then as more and more pro athletes come out and are accepted by their peers.

5. Kalon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

I really appreciate that man. Guess since i started already i just didn't want to quit but i need to figure myself out as well. i'm not sure how to come out and even when i do i'm not sure what is next after that. It would simple i'm out and still alone. not even sure on how to get into the scene.