1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dont know what to do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by chief, Jul 4, 2008.

1. chief

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok my one big problem is I have no gay friends and I’m the kind of person who keeps to themself until I get to know people, I love the friends I got who are straight but its just not the same.

Like last night I went to a gay bar for the first time with two straight girlfriends of mine who I love for going with me, but one was way out of her comfort zone and wanted to leave so we did, it pissed me off but I never let her know that, cause if they didn’t come with me I would never have gone there in the first place. But by all this happening it made me realise I don’t have any gay friends and that’s the only way I’ll go to place like that, which I do want to go to again because I can’t say I’ve ever been so happy in a bar before it was just comfortable (except for some guy falling over on my feet).

I just want to know off people how do you go about meeting other gays? Cause I really don’t know what to do.

2. Grantious

I love gay bars n clubs... Thats defiantly a tough one!
    but i can understand what you mean! like i'd never go alone
    Maybe try internet dating n stuff?
    Maybe Myspace?

well thats my 2 cents
    xoxo.

3. Alex

I suppose im like you, im very unapproachable unless i really try not to be so (which is going great lately)
    what about taking a single friend? like tell her that if she goes with you youll do something with her another day?
    Other than that i suppose its online-dating or nothing :|

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You could get involved with some advocacy groups around your area. That is a great way to meet other gay people and do something good for the movement at the same time!

5. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Already pointed out: do a quick search on myspace/facebook of gay people in your area, and instead of taking to them directly, look at the groups or at the activities most of them do, and join them. That way you may find something interesting for you, help people or any organization and meet friends at the same time.
    PS. Just noticed Becy's advice was similar, but becky, we need to use technology to our favor! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    *hugs Becky and Chief*

6. chief

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks alot for the advice ill see how some of it goes hopefuly it works outs.

7. sexyalex

Cha right! is there any "NORMAL" advocacy group in my area? :dry:
    It's not that simple Mom; and your not alone mate. I don;t have a gay friend ether...wait, i never have any friends :O!:tears:
    Not till i joined the cheerleading squad and started hanging out wiht all the bitches around school.

I don't really care, i don't have much friends cuz i'm a realist and this is why i am friends with these girls and if u ask me they are just as mizundastood as i am. People call them sluts and whores but they are not...they r just rude and lub to be sexy :grin:

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Alex, where you live is much different than Melbourne. I know its hard in your area. (*hug*)