1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to be a Baby-Lesbian

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by atheistwalrus, Feb 4, 2014.

1. atheistwalrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm not sure if I'm a lesbian. I might be. Or I might be bisexual, asexual, straight, something in between or none of the above. I'll figure it out. What I'm worried about is hurting people with my experimentation - if I try dating someone and realize I don't lean that way... I'm afraid of hurting people. I am also afraid of being the typical baby-lesbian: I've heard and witnessed such awful things about girls just coming out as gay and acting a certain way and... I don't want to be that girl. I don't. So how do I figure out who I am - without hurting people or being the baby-lez stereotype?

2. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Before you enter the relationship, let her/him know up front that your bi-curious/or questioning your sexuality (in a not so blunt way), She/he should understand and if he/she doesn't want to pursue the relationship for obvious reasons of not wanting to get hurt- that's fine. Try again because being with someone who understands and accepts the way you are rite now in your life is beneficial and will help you figure it all out
    (friends, bf or gf)-
    *Also people get hurt in relationships sometimes and its kind of inevitable, you can try to avoid being in a relationship rite now to avoid the risk intill you feel confident and secure in your sexuality and try to figure it out on your own -time will tell or you can take the risk with dating if that's what you really want to do*
    -Its your choice don't worry about what people think, as long as your open and honest it should work out-

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    What's a baby lesbian ?

4. atheistwalrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    A baby lesbian being someone just beginning to explore being a lesbian. A newbie.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That means I'm a baby lesbian too :slight_smile:
    I think bunny had great advice that you should let them know your curious and exploring your sexuality and when you are sure you can tell them like what your label is

thanks for telling me the meaning by the way .

#5 stocking, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  6. Kdizzle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess i am a baby bisexual then! I am kinda freaked out by that label. I know its true but i have the same worries. I feel like I will be overlooked.

7. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You will not be overlooked, people will understand you, still flirt with you, still want to date you. It means absolutely nothing that your new to the community *as long as your honest about your sexuality upfront-
    And Im not a label freak (actually im the complete opposite) but did you mean bi-sexual or bi-courious because theres a bit of a difference, and I don't want to have given you the wrong idea.