1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best friend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ashleyghall15, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Ever since I realized i'm gay I've really wanted to come out to my best friend, but I don't know. One time she said "I wouldn't be friends with a lesbian" and that makes it wayyy harder because what if she hates me? But maybe she'll learn to accept me since we've been friends for so long? This is so hard; i feel like I need to tell her but how am I supposed to? Would I just be able to send a text telling her or should I sit her down?

I have no gay friends to ask about coming out so sorry if I have a lot of questions!

2. Renlys Rose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey Ashley,

I'm a gay guy but I went though exactly what you did. I heard a good friend of mine say that it'd be "really weird" to be friends with a gay guy... And he kept on pressuring to see who I had a crush on. Finally I decided to tell him; it went really well. You can't let something someone says randomly for how they really feel about something.

To tell her, maybe start talking about guys and then if she asks about you, tell her that you prefer girls. People are shocked first but litererally after a day they get over it. I've come out to ten people, 4 my own gender, and each time I have been accepted.

Best of luck! :slight_smile: