1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

really need some help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ems, Feb 7, 2014.

1. ems

ems

My dad is extremely homophobic and hates them with a passion. I know I need to come out eventually I can't hide it forever defiantly with a gf, but I am so scared, terrified . In telling him in fear of his reaction. Has anyone else been in a similar situation or got some advice??? its keeping me awake at night and giving me headaches cause I'm worrying so much

2. ComingClean

ComingClean Guest

Hi Ems,
    I haven't been in your situation but I do have some advice for you. Try planting ideas ahead of time so that it doesn't come as such a big shock to him.
    If you feel like you can't do it face to face then consider writing him an honest letter. That way you'll have more time to think about what you want to say, and he'll have more time to think of how he wants to reply.
    If you're not out to any of your friends then it might be an idea to tell a close friend that you're coming out to your dad. That way, if anything goes wrong, you'll have somewhere to stay while he gets used to the idea.
    Good luck.

3. ems

ems

I'm out to my friends and my mum. I have been trying to drop hints but he is blind he doesn't pick up on them. The letter maybe an idea. Thanks

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Going the letter route would definitively be a good idea but reading through your posts, I'm wondering a tad as to how your mom reacted? Is she supportive?

If your mom is supportive, one things to consider would be to ask her if she could support you in your effort to come out to your dad.

5. tulips2198

tulips2198 Guest

Breath Love breath :slight_smile: Everything will be ok. Just relax

6. ems

ems

My mum is supportive , I couldn't have asked for a better mum really. I didn't think in asking her help, I don't wanna get her in trouble with dad.

I know I need to relax. Its just hard, I'm looking forward to when this over one way or another.

7. lovely lesbian

I haven't been in your situation either but I agree the letter sounds like a good idea good luck Hun

8. ems

ems