1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, I did it!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WearyWanderer, Feb 7, 2014.

1. WearyWanderer

For those who don't know my story, I've been planning on coming out to one of my best friends for quite some time. At the beginning of this week, I made a resolution to tell her by the end of the week. But in the end, she was the one that forced it out of me.
    On Wednesday, during history class, I was filled with anxiety about when I was going to tell her. I wanted to do it face-to-face, but there wasn't really an opportunity to get her alone. During history I guess she noticed something was wrong, and asked if I was ok. I wanted to tell her everything, but there were a ton of people around, so I just quietly said 'no' to her. Then she said that we could talk (i.e. text) after school.
    So after school she texted me saying what was wrong. After her agreeing not to tell anyone, I told her that I was gay, or bi, I'm not sure yet. I waited for a suspenseful 20 minutes or so for her response, shaking all over with nervousness. Then she texted back and said it was nothing to be worried about and of course she was fine with it. Although I knew she'd probably respond this way, I was so relieved when she said that. Phew! :slight_smile:
    Anyway, we've talked about it a bit and she's asked some questions (like "do you like X?" etc. :rolle:slight_smile: but she's been really cool about it. I'm so glad I told her. :slight_smile:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can imagine you felt relieved after she responded to your text. Sometimes, the wait creates more nervousness than actually saying it. Happy for you that it went so well, and that you have a friend who is so supportive. Well done! :slight_smile:

3. IJustWantToLove

Great to hear, congratulations on coming out to her =)

4. Kenaria

So glad to hear! So happy to know that it went good for you. Stay Awesome!! :slight_smile:

5. setnyx

glad to hear it everyone can use more support.