1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't want come out to this world but just to a person

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mimir, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Mimir

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I’m involved with a T-girl. I didn’t plan for it. It just happened. Where we live people discriminate T peple very badly even though law states otherwise. Most T-girls hide themselves among women. Nobody knows my ladylove’s identity.

We are together for over a year. It was a wonderful year. Her parents know about us and we have their blessings. My parents don’t know anything. My parents are divorced and got married again to other people. My father is very conservative. But my mother isn’t as conservative as my father.

I’m not worried about my father. We don’t have much "connection". Worry is my mother who raised me. I think she doesn’t like T people in general. She also thinks I’m straight. I did have a girlfriend when I was in high school.

During my college year she thought I was too busy with my studies to have a relationship. Now I’ve a job. My mother talks. . . she tried to set me up with girls whenever I visited her. In my last visit, one of my cousins called me "useless product" since I didn’t have a girlfriend. I can feel their curiosity.

My roommate is moving out. I don’t like the place I live now. It is cheap and good for college students. There is an apartment I really like which is close to my office. I am hoping my ladylove will stay with me there. Her condition is : if my mother visits or calls she won’t lie to my mother.

Coming out is not always scary. My roommate knows. He found me with my ladylove in my bed. He is actually supportive. I thought he hated gays and bisexuals. When I asked him he told me he just liked to fly with the crowd and he didn’t want to be known as "gay-lover".

So. . . I’ve to talk to my mother. My mother made a lot of sacrifices for me. I am hoping to talk to her without upsetting her. I know what do but I don’t know how to do it.

2. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    There will be no certain way to talk to her without upsetting her, IF she is going to be upset regardless. But you think your mother doesn't like gay people, just like you thought your roommate didn't either.

More than likely she already has a clue. I would just talk to her like you normally would and just tell her. Even if she is upset at first, she's your mother and I'm sure she'll come around. Or she'll just say she had a clue already and is supportive like your roommate is.