1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is a good place to meet other gay guys?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bigmoney521, Jul 6, 2008.

1. bigmoney521

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm asking because I'm tired of the whole guessing game and getting my hopes up just to have them crushed. I was intrested in this guy for like a month and I thought he was into me as well and a friend of mine had said he was gay but I've come to find out that he's straight with a girlfriend.(but my friend swears he's bi) It just makes me mad cause he was all touchey feely with me and now I found out he has a girl. Its just so confusing because he all over me one second and then he's all over my friend(who's a girl) the next. The whole not having a boyfriend thing is really starting to get to me. it's like evreytime you start to like a guy you find out he's straight and you have to start from square one all over again. Im tired of falling for these straight boys. I want to meet some gay guys. Oh and on a positive note i did come out to one other person this past week and it went over really well! This girl is like my sister now.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, congratulations on coming out to another person! :slight_smile:

Maybe what would help is joining a GLBT group or a PFLAG chapter in your area. Also try joining a club at your school. The nice thing about GLBT groups is that most of them have regular social events where you will be able to meet a bunch of new people. This could help you in getting to know other gay guys. Give it a try!

Hope this helps!

#2 Mirko, Jul 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  3. sexyalex

umm...is he allowed to ask that question?:eusa_eh:

ether ways, what is everyone on about "i need to have a bf" it's sooo cynical.:dry: learn to love urself and u will get one. Ask many of the guys here who have been in relationships. Have one and 3 weeks later u wish u didn't. How can u be with someone if u can't be by urself.:eusa_naug i mean come on.

or maybe it's just me.

seee EC this is the reason i am obsessed with lables(fashion). A Prada dress has never broken my heart so while them i'm shopping for labels them other guys and gals are shopping for love. :lol:

#3 sexyalex, Jul 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  4. Emberstone

i was going to say see if there are any clubs in your area, but seeing as you are currently 17, that might not work if the clubs are 18+/21+.

5. Ryesright

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm glad to hear coming out went well for you!

I think you can love yourself, but still want others to love you too. Loneliness isn't a good feeling.

I'd second the idea of joining GLBT groups in your community.

6. bigmoney521

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I graduated High school already so I guess I would have to wait until I start college to join a group or something and I definately cant cant go to the clubs because im not 18 yet. Its whatever at this point because no matter what I do I can't find a guy so Im gonna just stick with myself for a while because whenever I ask for advice on this site I always get some half ass answer. Oh and I am quite close with my labels but they still can't take you out on a date, kiss you good night, or make you feel loved.

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! Well you seem to be pretty upset about not being able to find a guy. You just have to give it some time. It will happen eventually. Just don't give up on it. It is hard to move on, after finding out that the guy you were interested in has a girl but you have to let go. Stuff happens in life that we can't control. But you can take control by trying to move on as best as you can.

You do not have to wait until you start college to join a group. You can join a group in your community. Most GLBT groups or PFLAG Chapters have regular social events where you will be able to meet new people. You don't have "to stick with yourself." Just give it a try.

I hope that this answer is somewhat more useful to you. If you ever need to talk or just need to vent, feel free to pm me.