1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did it.. Now what.. I'm feeling like i'm lost now..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by alexander96, Feb 10, 2014.

1. alexander96

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So.. If you ever read my first thread about me crushing heavily towards a best friend.. I finally came out to him.. It's been about 10 days since i came out and tell him that i liked him.. He took it awfully well.. Much better than i expected, even he's okay with me liking him.. There was not a single awkward moment after i came out to him.. All was well..

But this is what baffling me most.. I don't know what to do next.. He didn't say a word about him being gay.. I asked him about it and he said 'maybe..' And earlier tonight he told me again after i redirect the conversation to that matter, 'what if i'm bi curious'.. He said.

To me.. He acts like a boyfriend to me.. Babe, hun, are commonly used when we chat, we hugged quite a lot when we were together.. And sometimes in the weekend.. We would go out together.. Just two of us.. That's like a couple right..?

But no.. We're not a couple and looks like he's not interested in me.. While i myself loved him dearly.. So.. What should i do EC? I'm confused.. And being in a one sided love situation hurts me so much.. :icon_sad:

2. wanderinggirl

Well you are one brave mofo (dofo?) for being so open with your best friend. I admire that.

But it sounds like he might be either straight or very confused/scared. It sounds like you have all the ingredients to make a relationship but on his end lust is not part of it.

Maybe you should ask him point blank if he has any feelings for you, and if the answer is anything short of "Yes I do!!" then I say you should move on. If he says something along the lines of "yes but I just need some time to figure it out" I wouldn't hold my breath; it's possible he loves you as a friend, and wishes he could be attracted to you because he feels so connected to you, but isn't actually attracted to you, and as a result is confused as to what he wants to do because he is worried about losing your attention, even though he isn't actually attracted.

That last part would be my biggest concern: that he's stringing you along because you are treating him well and giving him just the kind of attention he wishes he could get from a girl.

It hurts to crush on someone who can't like you back, but I say you should confront him and move on. I hope that your friendship remains strong, and that you find a guy (or girl) who will like you back.

3. alexander96

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thx for the wonderful advice wanderinggirl.. Yeah it took all my courage to came out to him and by the time i was done saying my confession all my faces were as red as a tomato :lol:

Well.. I still don't know what to do next, apart from enjoying this kind of friendship while it still last like that... Looks like i will start moving on after i moved abroad later this year..
    We will both move abroad later this year for university.. But i don't think we will be enrolled to the same university.. Or even the same countries..

Is that a good plan?

4. wanderinggirl

How exciting for you! You get a fresh start in a new country. You did this brave thing, your friend stuck by you, and everything is great apart from the fact that it fell short of happily-ever-after. And now you have this opportunity to start with a clean slate in a new place, where I'm sure you'll meet new people and start slowly extricating your life from your friend's. I would take this as an opportunity to develop separately from him.

Maybe I'm too much the optimist. And I don't really know what your life is like. I'm just assuming based on the fact that you both seem to be moving forward. But anyways do you think you'll keep in touch? I hope you do and that you have lots of stories for each other about your adventures abroad.

I do have something to add here: the first girl I dated was when I wasn't ready to be out, and wasn't sure about my sexuality. So I would pull her in and push her away, and she was a terrible person for me to explore my identity with because she kept pressuring me to move forward at a normal relationship pace, and I kept hesitating until eventually I broke it off. My point is that even if he is questioning and everything, he might be feeling too pressured from you. Hopefully if you both go abroad and live your separate lives you'll move on and he'll figure his stuff out.

Best of luck.

5. King

He said he is 'maybe' gay or 'bi-curious'. It sounds as if he may be gay, but is in a fragile position and may not want to admit it to himself or other people.

You may have to give him time, or simply ask him whether he is interested in you. Its a tough call.

6. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with King that he needs time. If he does like you, he'll probably tell you eventually.

7. alexander96

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sure moving abroad might help me extract my life away from him.. But what i'm really scared of is how i will handle the situation when it's the last time we will meet together before leaving our country.. Last christmas, he went away for holiday for 2 weeks and right after he left the city.. I broke down crying.. And i was a total shit for the next 2 weeks until he came back..

I know i should be excited that i will be moving abroad in the next few months.. But i'm not that excited.. It feels bland to me because i won't enjoy it with him..

I'm bracing myself from the pain that will come down rushing at me when that happen.. But i don't know whether my brace will be strong enough..

Oh yeah.. I will certainly keep our friendship intact as best as i can.. He's a wonderful friend to me and this is for sure the best friendship i've ever had in my whole life

I agree too with both of you.. Right now i will give him time and see how things turn out.. If things don't work out by the time i will leave abroad.. Then looks like i will have to force myself to end this one sided love even though this will sure hurts.

I have done everything that i need to start a relationship (coming out, being honest, etc).. It's now a waiting game..

#7 alexander96, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014