1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gradual Coming Out Process?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dented, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Dented

Been thinking about this kind of thing and, I dunno, seems kind of weird...

So last year when I first started properly questioning myself, I told one or two friends who I properly trusted since I couldn't keep it to myself. Since then, all that I've said to most friends about it is dropping massive hints or making casual comments that go way past 'being comfortable in heterosexuality' until I've done that enough for them to realise "Yeah, alright, he definitely is" and as such, haven't actually come out to hardly any of them in the traditional sense.

Only just realised this today when while me and a couple of mates were sorting out invites for one of their 18th's, I (jokingly) mentioned that they should invite a couple of hot guys too, not just concentrate on the girls, forgetting that one of the guys I who was there knew nothing about it and then just casually went along with it without being properly told.

So yeah, just wondering if this kind of 'process' has happened to anyone else, or whether it's just me.

(Sorry if all that makes absolutely no sense at all, by the way)

2. I heart Owls

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think thats a great way to do it. Especially when meeting new people, you should be able to act like your self without having to make an event of it. I hope to do a similar thing when I move to a new state in a few months and make new friends. Its easier to act out and people will just accept it rather than acting straight and then having to go explain later that that's not the case.