1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small win for coming out :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Vandslaux, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Vandslaux

Me and my mom were watching the news when a story about a gay football player came on. My mom expressed her opinion on gays, and said it shouldn't be a factor for playing football, meaning I found out my moms opinion on gays. However im still not ready to come out because I don't know how she would react if someone she knew was gay

2. She still sounds rather accepting, she might surprise you! However, there's no rush and the decision's ultimately yours. You'll know once you are ready to come out! :slight_smile:

3. King

She sounds pretty open to homosexuality, she may even be making it easier for you to come out if she suspects it.

Take as little or as much time as you like to tell her though.

4. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That was your shot dude, right then and there. lol j/k

Take your time and come out when your good and ready. Though, if she accepts gay strangers, I suspect her own son shouldn't be much of a problem. :slight_smile:

5. UK_guy

I would echo what everyone who has already posted and say your mum sounds pretty open and accepting, however don't feel you have to rush to tell her, you will know when the time is right :slight_smile:

6. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I expect she was priming the pump for "someone she knew was gay" to come out to her, but you can make her wait until you are ready.

7. CookiiBear

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's what I felt when my mum was saying that it's alright to be gay (trying to persuade me to come out). It was about a few weeks later that I said something to her, she was fine with it. But please, take your time to decide to come out, not just to your mum but to anyone. It's your choice, not anyone else's. Also, don't rush, there's no right or wrong time to come out, but you will know when you are ready!:icon_bigg

8. maselalala

Yeah but what I did with coming out was I came out as bi at first because I wasn't sure if I was still attracted to women. But you need to do whatever is in your heart.