1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out to him?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChromeNerd, Feb 12, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a guy friend. We get along well, but he wants to be my boyfriend. I'm not psychically attracted to him. I tried to kiss him, but I just couldn't make myself. I did tell him that "I'm not that into guys", but he just told me I could experiment on him. I also told him that I'm not looking for a relationship(kind of lying about that, I wouldn't mind having a girlfriend.) He keeps on asking me why I don't want a relationship. I'm still not sure if I'm gay or just a bisexual who prefers girls. I've been trying to figure this out.

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tell him that he is just a friend, and if he wants to stay that way, he needs to stop hitting on you. You don't have to give him a "reason" why you don't want him as a boyfriend. If he continues to do so after you tell him no, it's sexual harassment, and you need to distance yourself from him. No means no.

3. Manta

If he can't accept that you don't want to pursue a relationship with him, that isn't cool. In our culture guys are often given the message through media that it is okay and even expected for them to be pushy. let him know that its not! If he really is your friend, he will respect your wishes.