1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Somelonelyguy77, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello I'm new this is my second thread. I would like to come out to a girl, that's a friend.I don't know how to. I think I'm ready to let one of my friends know that I'm gay. Just I hope people don't get the wrong impression that I'm asking her out. So I need advice on how to do this without this problem. With all my love- Josh

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why do you think people would think you are asking her out if you have a private conversation with her and come out to her? She would certainly know you aren't asking her out if you tell her you are gay. Just take her someplace where you can talk, such as a park or other place where your conversation will not be overheard; that isn't really a "date".

3. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I don't have time to plan this all out I wanted to do it during school or before/after school.

4. Clay

Do it after I'd say. You wouldn't even have to worry about other people thinking you're going on a date if you send her a text and ask to meet her alone.