1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Imsoweird, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Imsoweird

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, um yeah so my family is like this really cool family that thinks everybody has the same worth and is for gay marriage and that stuff so I've also become a person who doesnt separate people bc of their sexuality or gender or "race" (the only race is really homo sapiens which is the human race lol) and in 2013 I started to question my sexuality... I
    First I had this crush at one of my friends but it went away after like a week, but now I really like this other girl in my friend circle who is straight. I've liked her in like 5 months or something and I just want it to go away cuz I can never have her. But anyway, when I started to question my sexuality I was ok with that maybe I'm gay cuz that how I've been raised.
    Now I'm pretty sure I'm a lesbian (dont ask me how cuz I've had crushes on guys when I was younger but it just feels right) and I'm starting to think that maybe I should come out.
    I'm a little scared tho cuz this acepting myself phase have been so short and I've never heard of that so what if I come out and then freak out about it?
    I don't think that'll happen but still.
    One of my friends came today out as pansexual (I think some of our other friend knew about it before) and even if I don't think all my friends know what that means they're cool about it so it wouldn't exactly be a problem to come out and my parents are chill and even if they maybe freak out or something I don't think they'll take it too bad...
    I feel ready to come out but I' scared that something happens and I regret it or something...

Sorry for bad english or spelling misstakes but I'm on my phone and english isn't myt first language.
    I kind just wanted this out of my chest but if any of it makes sense tou can try to answear haha. (*hug*)

2. UK_guy

Hi first off your English is very good :slight_smile: It appears to me that you have very open minded friends and family. No one can tell you when to come out, but my advice would to come out when you feel ready.

3. fairyinkcap

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi im in a similar situation to you in that I know my parents would be fine with me being gay but I'm scared because I came to terms with my sexuality very quickly and in case they don't take it as well as I think and will say its a phase or worse, if they're right (which I very much doubt). I think that its completely understandable to be afraid to come out, you may remain afraid of their reaction for a long time but bite the bullet one day when it feels right and tell them. The important thing is don't do it unless you completely want to. Don't let anyone, even yourself, pressure you into admitting something youre not happy to yet. Ultimately its your happiness and no one else's that matters. Good luck! :slight_smile:

And your English is very good!