1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my guy friend that I like

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Somelonelyguy77, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello again I'm Josh I wanna come out to the guy I like and also tell him that I like him. I really want advice for this thank you *kisses*

2. Eisenhower

Eisenhower Guest

Wow, you have come this far in accepting and acknowledging your sexual orientation. that's cool. I'm 15 and I'm just now considering coming out.

well, what i would do is have him over to your house or go to his (I'm not sure who's house would be better, i'd say the one with less people is better) and just start to have a conversation and slowly lead into it.
    (you don't have to say this), but you could say things like, is there anybody you like? do you have/want a girlfriend? things like that. also make sure he's not homophobic. you don't want him to freak out.

and, if he says no, the just let it go and assure him that you will never bug him about it ever again and that you 2 will just be friends and never more. because you don't want to lose a friendship over being gay.

and, if your not out of the closet, make sure he won't out you and tell everyone your gay, if he isn't gay. if your already out to everyone (i assume your not) then that would be one less think to worry about.

good luck, i hope you get a boyfriend after you tell him your feelings.

3. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Sorry to be argumentative, but I wouldn't suggest inviting him over... that would quite possibly be the most awkward place, especially for him, cuz he won't know what you're thinking.

4. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm going to say, the best way to come out varies depending on the person. I'd say that the best way is to use some way that will get him listening. If he likes the jokes that you make, you can be jokey. If you talk about serious subjects, be serious with him. I'd also like to say, I'm impressed that you're OK with telling someone you like him! In 3rd grade I had a slight crush on a girl named Sophia, and I told her and it ended in disaster! I would never tell someone I like them, especially now that I get the fact that I'm gay and if I did that I'd never here the end of it, living where EVERY FREAKING KID THAT PLAYS SPORTS(Nearly Everyone) MAKES SO MANY HOMOPHOBIC REMARKS! With my rant done, I think I'll finish up this super long post. BTW, I'd like to know how it turns out and what you did!

5. Phoebsta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi man, a month ago I was in your position, I was 12 and liked a member of the same sex; here's some advice, come out if you are ready, however don't tell them straight away ! Give them time to digest it and if they are okay with you being gay a couple of weeks/months after you have came out (if you still like him) tell him! It kills to keeps things inside! Good luck!

6. rainbowkeyblade

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    At my school, there was a guy I liked.

During the break I asked him if I could talk to him for a minute, and first I asked him what do you think about LGBT's? He shrugged his shoulders.

"Well I have something to tell you... I'm bi.. So what about you (he's like the straightest guy ever you know..)?" The next thing, completely blew me away... He whispered "ditto"...

So you never know what might happen...