1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im too scared to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LpNeedHelp, Feb 14, 2014.

1. LpNeedHelp

LpNeedHelp Guest

Im so scared at coming out, at school and with my friends i've made myself to be this hetrosexual, piss taking 'lad',although it is one side of me,the homosexual side screams at me whenever i make a joke about one of our mates being gay or any anti-gay jokes.

I fear if i come out,not only would i be excluded from the main group of friends i have,but they would not believe me at all and call me a liar. And i know for a fact thar if they do believe me,they will most certainly take the piss everyday.

I really want to come out but to my best friend (the one i happen to be in love with) but i dont know if hes homophobic or not,in the past he has told me that he hates homophobes but recently whenever anyone (mainly me) makes gay remarks, he acts disgusted.

I dont know what to do, some advice please from you great people?

2. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sound's pretty similar to my experience at school, actually! I've got some homophobic friends at school (actually, they're about 3/4 of my friends), and I seem to have made it clear that I was straight by making the occasional anti-gay comment and acting disgusted at people they call gay. To be honest, I really hate it. For me, it seems like there is one guy that is mainly homophobic, and everyone else is trying to be treated well by the guy. When you single that guy or those few people and try starting a group with people not including them, it is a LOT easier! For me, that guy just left the school to move to Tennessee, and I feel a lot more comfortable around the other people in the group. Hope my response helps!

3. LpNeedHelp

LpNeedHelp Guest

Thanks for the advice,i'll try and put your words to action after half term...thanks