1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out at school

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Somelonelyguy77, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello, I want to come out at school or text to a friend but I just don't know what to say. I'm in grade 7 so I need advice that's around my age. I really want to come out before I tell my parents so I have someone to talk to. I thank every response. (!)

2. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a grade younger, so I'll do what I can. First off, the best way to come out to someone depends on the person you're coming out to. A lot of my friends are really jokey, so I kind of had a series of jokes leading up to casually stating I was gay. So far it's worked really well. However, if you have more serious friends you might want to text the person that you have something important to share with them and you would prefer it to be private. Then, you tell them in some place where others aren't if you so wish. If you tell, say, your best friend, they'll honor a request like that. Also, be prepared for any response, it'll really be important! I'd like to know how it turns out, by the way!

3. Somelonelyguy77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you so much :slight_smile: