1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comming out to my dad...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ILikePie72, Feb 14, 2014.

1. ILikePie72

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I'm out to, like, almost everyone I know EXCEPT my dad's family and him. My mom and stepdad know, my best friend, everyone. But I just feel scared to tell my dad because his family and he are all, like, really strict mexican catholics. Not even my half sister on his side knows and we're really close! I feel like I'm ready but idk how to come out to my dad... my mom says to come out to my sister first since knowing her she'd be easier about it... plz any advice :/

2. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd agree with your mom on this one. Tell your half sister that you're gay, if you're really close, and seeing as she is on his side of the family she might be able to give you some tips on how to proceed on how to continue. However, coming out to certain people isn't always the best option. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the idea, I'm just warning you to be careful because telling your dad could possibly ruin your relationship with him, and if you appreciate your dad being there it may not be the best idea, but definitely tell your half sister! She's the best one on deciding whether or not you should. To put it in English, be careful.