1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to the crush

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jonnemack, Feb 15, 2014.

1. jonnemack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My name is Jonne, yep, just the way it sounds is the way you spell it. I am 21 and I am a gay boy.

I'll try be short, cause I'm new in the community, always read some posts from the board but never got the courage ro come up here and write, put all my feelings.

Thing is, I'm 21 like I said, I'm in college and just like a post I've read early, my time never came. Even the smallest physical contact never happened, never told anyone I was gay, not even on the internet. I am the type of guy that always thought the right moment was comming, and now that I GUESS it came, I feel more than completely loss.

My entire life was a giant closet. I do not look gay and I never wanted to, so far. This semester just started and I deciced I would hit on a guy I've met on the end of last semester, he gave me a random ride to the college. Anyway, I don't know HOW I put this on my mind but, after knowing he is gay (100% sure), I feel it's my time to show him I am gay too.

We talk regular everday normal stuff at facebook, almost on a regular basis. We talk about college and as I am a funny person, I believe I dragged his attention. But is this enough? Well, I lent him my last year's notebook and I left on it some pencil notes with random sentences, implying that I'm gay so he would figure out by himself.

I thought it was the best way, don't judge me! I started to dress differently, to make him look at me during the breaks, I changed my habits cause I know he is gay and this might be my first chance to have a relationship.

Finally comes the questions... What if he doesn't find out I'm gay? And if he eventually does, how am I suposed to make he even like me back?

Thanks in advance for all the support.

2. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Judging by the way he is acting, it seems to me like he does like you but thinks you are straight so is afraid to tell you so! I've had the same problem in the past. I didn't really get over it and tell him as still entirely in the closet, but I definitely would have told him if he was gay. If he is gay, then probably the best thing to do is tell him that you are too! The main part that seems to me the reason people don't come out is fear of rejection, and you probably won't be rejected because he is also gay. He also shouldn't have that many uncomfortable questions as he is also gay and has probably been through the same thing before.

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Get one of these and wear it around your neck the next time you are going to see him. If he can't figure it out from there, he isn't as 100% gay as you think. If someone asks you about it who you don't want to come out to, tell them it is to show your support of gay marriage rights.

As for "making him like you back", all you can do is be nice to him and show him how you feel about him; the rest is up to him. If you are a reasonably nice looking guy and have a pulse, that should be enough. Good luck! :kiss:

Attached Files:

4. jonnemack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Interesting opinions. At first, I know it's safe to tell him Im gay, I'm kinda waiting the best opportunity to do so, and in person. I believe it will be the best cause I can look into his eyes abd maybe make him know that more than gay, I am interested on him.

Now as for mister Yossarian, I'm not good looking, period. I like my style but I'm not handsome at all, I'm funny and I like to talk, I am outgoing with people but I don't even look good in pictures hahaha... Quite a mess.

I'll try my best, in any ways, but I still have in my mind that: what if I tell him and I just blow it off cause he thinks I want a relationship wioth him and nothing else? Although it is true, that I want to be with him, I'd be satisfied with a gay friend to talk with.