1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling scared and alone

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JustMeTee, Feb 15, 2014.

1. JustMeTee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have known I was gay since I was 19. I have been in denial for almost 10 years now. I have tried to have relationships with men but I always felt angry and unhappy and picked fights and pushed them away. After yet another miserable relationship, I am ready to accept myself and live my life as a gay woman. However, I am so scared. I feel completely alone. I don't know anyone in the gay community in Charlotte or feel I have anyone I can be open and honest with. I feel lost. I'm not looking to find a girlfriend or to hook up with anyone right now. I just want to find people that are like-minded, who I can be comfortable and open around but I don't know how to go about it. I guess I'm asking for advice and support.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm here for u u can trust me tell me what's going on.

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I'll be more specific I understand you were figuring out who u were for a long time and that's ok everything takes time. U said u wanted so,done who's like minded even though u and me would def never date I'm here to give u the advice and support u need and if u don't know a gone in the gay community well I am and I'll be your friend

4. Beetle

I was in the same boat. I dated a few men because I was in denial and didn't want to believe I was gay, but it made me miserable...and I felt repulsed. I couldn't see myself with a man. I didn't like being intimate or close to them. I can be friends with them, just not anything more. I identified as asexual for a while, and kinda focused on my career and forgot about it. Now I feel depressed and lonely, now that my college career is almost done with and I'll be out there, and I've been thinking about all the things I want to do and how I want to spend them with someone else.

I've opened up to a few friends and they're all supportive, so it makes me feel good. I just gotta gather up the courage to tell a certain friend that I like her, which is harder for me than coming out.

I do plan on getting more involved in the gay community, and hopefully meet some people that way. Maybe my FtM trans friend can help me a bit with that since I dunno where to start haha.

5. JustMeTee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you both. It feels good to know there are people out there who are supportive and understanding.
    Beetle- The feeling of repulsion is exactly what I feel. I can laugh and have a good time with men in a casual environment but when it becomes sexual I don't enjoy it. The last few times I actually cried. It feels good to talk about it and know I'm not a weirdo.
    Its great that you have come out to some of your friends amd they are supportive.a college campus is probally a great place to get involved in the gay community. I would check the student union for flyers. "Getting started" is hard especially without directions. I hope that you find your courage to tell your friend. Keep me posted on everything!

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Getting started is a stumble but then you'll find your path and it all gets smoother. In 6 months or even less I can see u with the girl of your dreams. Good luck to u my friend (*hug*)

7. mermaid

Hi and welcome to EC!
    Accepting yourself and register here are great first steps, congrats!
    I have been in denial about being lesbian myself for a long time and it felt so great when I finally accepted who I am. There are many kind and awsome people here on EC to talk to so that's a good start.
    (*hug*)