1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samii is going in to surgery

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Shido, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Shido

I'm 99% sure none of you have heard this story from Samii, so I'll go ahead and give you the skinny so that the purpose of this post makes more sense. About 7 years ago Samii hurt his knee doing Parkour (look it up on YouTube, too lazy to explain it). And when I say 'hurt' I mean snapped his patellar tendon and caused significant damage to his ACL. He had initial surgery to put everything back where it was supposed to be *shudder*. Since then he's had problems with it off and on.
    A combination of his age, life style, occupation and fact that he never listens to doctors >_< has facilitated the need for surgery again. He'll never tell any of you how difficult this is for him, so I will. Besides the severe pain he's been in lately (yea, vicodin does nothing, though shots of morphine in the spine seems to do the trick), the surgery itself isn't really good news. There is no guarantee it will work, but if he doesn't get it and continues how he has been, he'll either be on a cane within 6 months or need total knee replacement surgery.
    That said, he's been doing a lot of re-evaluating of his life recently. There are a lot of things that are really important to him, things he's been planning to do for a long time (Mount Everest, because he's insane, Spirit walk because uhm...he's Buddha?) and a bum knee just complicates things.
    I know I may say a lot of jokes about him and pick on him, but he needs the support of his friends now. He'll be going in for surgery in 2 weeks. He's supposed to have 2 months off to let it heal and for physical therapy, but that's not going to happen (don't ask) so it's going to be really difficult for him. He's a generally private and strong person and he keeps all of his problems to himself. I've never seen him ask for help or request a shoulder to cry on, but he may need it over the next few months.
    Most of you would never believe it, but he's very quiet in person. Barely talks to anyone. Other than me, the rest of the guys and his mom he doesn't really have any body. Except you guys. So let's show a little support, ne?

2. LOVEjames

<3 Samii, you rock, and I hope that it goes well for you. You should do a bit of physical therapy, though. You may be incredibly stubborn, but you like your legs, right? Might wanna keep 'em.

-gives you lotsa hugs-

And Shido, you're pretty awesome for posting this. ^_^

3. Jebs

Wow.. so many surgeries happening as of late. I hope everything goes well and you are on a smooth, swift path to recovery ASAP! Good luck (*hug*)

4. Bryan90

Samii all the best!!! Godspeed!!

5. Tim

Tim

Wish you luck Samii, Shido, just make sure he knows everyone at EC is hoping he gets through it all right without any problems! =D

6. Blaz

Blaz Guest

Man, from experience I know how horrible and worried he may feel. I wish you the best Samii(Though we may not have gotten along, I don't wish bad things of ANYBODY), and take care. Shido, I gree with Myzou, keep us informed.

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Good luck Samii!

8. Defender

Defender Guest

I hope everything goes well Samii, I will be thinking of you. I'll always be here if ever want to chat :slight_smile:. I hope things start getting better concerning the knee (*hug*)

*hugs you lots of times on the table* :grin: (*hug*).

Take it easy, I'll chat to you soon!
    <3 Sexy-san

9. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish you all the best Samii and a speedy recovery. Good Luck!

10. Arrk

I just met him yesterday in the chat room, Arrk-san, lol. :]

My dad had a surgery when I was younger to fix something with his sinuses, (NO, NOT A NOSE JOB) so I know how nerve wrecking it could be- and the recovery time is only worse since you can't necessarily do much in the hospital. I wish the best for Samii and hope he gets better quickly.

11. LOVEjames

I'm dedicating my 1,000th post to you. This guarantees good luck through your surgery, and it also guarantees that you will change your mind and take two months off and do physical therapy. <3

And on a more personal note, you were actually the first person I talked to on EC, so I hope everything goes really well. Looooove you.

12. Helen

Helen Guest

Well, this is my..701st post dedicated to you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Good luck with your surgery, my mum's had all sorts of issues with her knees and various other bits of her legs, and she's still running marathons, so I hope everything will be fine. ^_^

Hope you get better soon! *hughughug*

13. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Samii!! Good luck!! (*hug*) I hope your knee gets better.

14. TyraBanksIsFierce

Good Luck Samii!

15. SamAlex728

Aww, Samii. I hope the surgery goes okay for you. Just don't hurt yourself any more while in recovery, okay? And Shido, thanks for telling us about this, since he never would have. :dry: And please keep us updated and try to keep him from getting hurt any further. I've seen Samii's kind of clumsy and he could easily fuck up his entire leg.

16. pirateninja

Good luck Samii! And Shido, make sure that Samii knows that he has a lot of support from everyone here, and please keep us posted.

17. Louise

Ouch, even reading about his poorly knee I can imagine how much pain he must be in. Here's wishing him good luck in his surgery and a quick recovery.

(*hug*)

18. allalone1141

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Samii: Good luck with your surgery and I hope your recovery goes well! LISTEN to the doctors; they know what they're doing! Do you understand? I'll find out if you don't and then you're in trouble! :eusa_naug

We love you Samii! Good luck getting better!

<3 Alone-san :icon_bigg

19. Fiorino

Samii, I wish you the best and hope you have a speedy recovery.
    Take care of yourself (*hug*).

Fio-san.

:kiss:

20. KatzInHatz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When it was my first time going in the chat room you were so nice and funny! Good luck!:icon_bigg