1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm (almost) ready

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LongMayIReign, Feb 16, 2014.

1. LongMayIReign

Tonight I had an epiphany and everything kinda just clicked. All of my past emotional struggles have finally made sense and I was able to forgive myself. (Anxiety, stupid things I've said, stuff involving my friends' suicidal thoughts) I just feel FREE. I feel LIBERATED and JOYOUS which I never thought I could say. BUT IM SAYING IT :grin:

Currently, my one and only sister is abroad on a school trip until Sunday. I have decided to come out to my dad before then and her shortly after. Here's the thing. I want to say it to their faces. I am proud and comfortable with myself, I just need to get over that barrier of saying "I'm gay." I know they'll be fine with it but how do I say it? Do I just walk in? Do I lead into it with other topics?

2. HarryPotterFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's brilliant, well done for forgiving yourself and feeling free, massive step! :slight_smile:

Well yeah, I have the same issue, that initial conversation is hard to get over. I think keeping it short and simple will be easier, though. Just say, "___, can we talk? I have something to tell you. I'm gay." That kind of thing, you know? I think once you get that first sentence out, the rest of the conversation can be quite a bit easier.

3. lovely lesbian

4. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    If you want, try writing a shorter letter to start the conversation, and be ready to talk to the person once they've finished reading. However, if you don't want to write a letter, do what's most comfortable for you. I, personally like to lead into it from other topics, but a lot of people just come right out and say it.

5. Rainbow Girl

6. Im anonymous

Do what your comfortable with

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2014 at 02:00 AM ----------

You're*

7. AmiBee

Good luck. Saying it aloud to someone for the first time is hard. I know it was for me, but you'll feel so good once you do it.