1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmmm somthing to ponder!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Master Hade, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

This is how I feel and soo thank so for listening:

Ok I am bi....
    I say this because I am not attracted to girls in a sexual way only in a romantic way. However Im only attracted to guys in a Sexual not in a romantic way. I just don't have the thoughts ohhh I hope he likes me so we can have a commitment ceremony ya'know.
    But unlike other straight guys my age When I see a cute girl I don't automaticly fantise banging her.......
    But with guys its oppisite does that make sense??

2. Trumpetplyer23

First. There's no need to label yourself, not yet, not for a long time. Don't worry about it. So you can't imagine yourself 'banging' the girl, but you can with a guy. It just means you have more of a sexual attraction with guys than with girls.

I'm very similar, I would love a long lasting relationship with a guy, but I can't imagine having sex with a guy. However, I would also love a long lasting relationship with a girl, and I could imagine having sex with her.

It just means that you're (technically) unevenly bi. It's very rare for someone to be attracted to both genders equally. I know a bi girl and she's 99% attracted to guys and 1% attracted to girls. It still makes her bi.

3. MeskElil

It's not weird...I'm sort of that way, too. I find that friendships come easier with guys. I get to know them better, and I understand them, and they make me laugh. My one friend that's a girl says that I have a guy's brain.
    Sometimes people are split. And I read a study that says EVERYONE is bi, it just depends how much. I can't imagine having a sexual relationship with a guy--to be honest, it scares the crap out of me. But I imagine myself with a girl and I get all warm and fuzzy inside.
    I just...don't understand girls as well, and I don't get along with many of them as well.
    So I guess, I'm just the opposite of you--I can imagine having sexual realtions with a girl, but not a guy, and I get romantic about guys, but not girls.
    It's just a mindset. And like trumpetplyer said, there's no need to label yourself right now. You are who you are, and you like who you like. It's nothing to be ashamed of or worried about. You'll eventually find one person who just fills your heart with joy, be it male or female, and you won't be able to imagine the rest of your life without him/her. And remember, we don't love genders, we love people.
    Hope that helps.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It makes a lot of sense. Having these feelings and/or thoughts is part of the normal processes of getting to know ourselves and our feelings. Right now, this is how you feel (being attracted to guys sexually but not romantically and to girls romantically but not sexually) but this can change. As you grow older and get to know yourself better it is possible that this might reverse or you might develop stronger feelings towards guys or girls or you have equally strong feelings towards both. With time you will figure everything out. As the other have indicated, there is definitely no rush in labeling yourself. Go with the flow and see where it takes you. Take it day by day.

What ever happens, the most important thing is that you feel comfortable with yourself and that you accept yourself for who you are. With time, everything else will fall into place.

Hope this helps a bit!

5. Jim1454

I wouldn't worry about it. Honestly - how many people at 15 really have 'romantic' relationships with other people?!? I certianly didn't at 15.

I say this quite often but I'll say it again...

TV and movies give the impression that EVERYONE falls in love, at a very young age, and has serious relationships. But that doesn't really represent real life - TV and movies rarely do...

So don't worry about it. Just relax, and let things come as they may.

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  7. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

I think that too.

Thank u soooo much for the great help and advice!!

8. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

9. sayitforreals

This is how I feel. I think now though I am becoming a little more open to a romantic relationship with a male. I realize this probably doesnt help anything, but know that you are not the only one out there. :icon_wink

10. Jonathan

Wow...that's like exactly how I feel. It's weird, I was just seriously thinking about this a few days ago.

11. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

Thanks so much for the great messages they have ALL helped!!

12. Imagicnation

I think I'm sort of in the "Like guys sexually, like girls romantically" category. However it just maybe that I got along with girls in certain ways (who we think is cute, etc) that makes me feel intimately closer to girls. Plus the only Bisexual people I know are drug addicts and the only gay I know is too Christian to accept it.

I agree with what others have previously said; give it some time, try out stuff until you find what seems right.

13. berileos

berileos Guest

I'm wondering about the same!That is just a reason I can't label me as a complete gay.I never had a relationship yet,but I feel mostly attracted to guys,either romantically or sexually.For girls,I would feel it only sexually,but hardly.I think we just have to try out the both and maybe solution will come...

14. revolutionrock

I'm a bit conflicted as well.

On the one hand, I can get crushes on girls pretty easy. The draw is solely emotional, however; I could never have sex with a girl. Personally, I think it just has something to do with the way I interact easier with females - maybe my mind just likes what it knows it could have. If that makes sense.

On the other hand, I can't imagine being in a relationship with a girl. I always imagine myself in a relationship with the perfect man, a relationship that's both emotional and physical.

As yet, I've only ever felt emotionally drawn to one guy. But it felt so much more authentic than my "girl crushes" have.

But I agree that there's no reason to define yourself just yet (or ever, for that matter). Just go with your heart tells you, and so what if there isn't a label to fit it.

15. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get crushes on both guys and girls but guys, it's just a physical attraction whereas with girls it's sexual. I'd never have sex with a guy (eww) but could have a romantic relationship with a guy. On the other hand, I could have a romantic and sexual relationship with a girl. I'd never have a solely sexual relationship with anyone though...

16. Sam

Sam

You are not weird its completely normal to have those feelings. Sexuality isn't always definable, it isn't always easy to know exactly what you want some people just get lucky when they figure it out easily. It can take a while to figure out what will make you the happiest and what you are doing now is just trying to figure it out so it can be confusing.

I'm not a big fan of labels just do what feels right and don't worry you will figure it out it just takes time.

I have lesbian on my orientation because it's the label I feel most comfortable in but I can see a guy and think he's attractive and get a crush on him and could even be somewhat sexually attracted to him but I couldn't bring myself to have sex with him and I wouldn't want to spend my whole life with him the thought is just uncomfortable and doesn't feel right. With girls I can find them attractive, get a crush, be sexually attracted to them and want to spend the rest of my life with them and it just feels right. I have that romantic feel with them also. Am I making any sense?

Hopefully that is helpful for you. Just know that how you are feeling is completely normal and part of the journey to finding out who you are. Don't worry you'll figure it all out.

Sam

#16 Sam, Jul 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  17. acorn7

It totally makes sense. For 3+ years, I felt EXACTLY this way. Strong emotional attraction and crushes on girls, while I had 100% gay fantasies and I was attracted to guys, but couldn't see myself in a gay relationship.

Now, I guess I've realized a romantic relationship with a guy is possible, and I've let go of girl crushes, because I know I'll never (at least not now) be sexual attracted to them, and therefore I wouldn't be happy.

Now, I'm not saying this is how you should or will feel in the future, but for me it was like that. Right now I'd just go with the flow... what made me realize the above was when I had an emotional crush on a guy.

18. Nanzuniko

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hm...I'm a bit different. I'm attracted to both genders only emotionally/romantically and stuff. I may be physically attracted to either one but I can't ever find myself sexually attracted to anyone. I don't know why, I don't fantasize "banging" anyone whether male or female. Or maybe my spiritual self is kicking in (oh don't get me started with that =O). I'm not a lustful person. XD

19. rainecost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    wow i know what you feel but maybe you want a romantic relationship with the opposite sex
    because its what youre used to seeing it and you want that so you can be "normal" to society and maybe to yourself. I hope i helped you! :slight_smile: