1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

still scared to come out...now what

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Eisenhower, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Eisenhower

Eisenhower Guest

i wanted to come out to my parents on valentines day, but i didn't. i had the whole weekend and tons of times came up when i could have had i conversation.

i feel bad typing this because a lot of people are in horrible situations with homophobic parents, but i am probably in the best situation. my parents aren't homophobic (i don't think) and my school isn't homophobic. most people aren't where i live.

im 15, and i just want to come out so bad. now its starting to hurt me almost. I'm getting a little depressed and sad, just staying here in the closet. I'm also lonely, i don't have very many friends, and i figure that the only way I'm going to get a boyfriend is to come out of the closet at home and at school. I'm just scared. i am also kind of waiting for the right time to. i guess I'm scared to bring the topic up and just waiting for my parents to start asking me about a girlfriend or something. but the perfect time did come up at school. it was just me and my friend after lunch and it was a great time to come out. however, that was a while ago, i feel more prepared now.

so, how do i stop waiting for this perfect time to come up between me and my parents. I'm sick of being in the closet. i want to come out.

2. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh Eisenhower,

As someone here on EC said to me, say this, in front of a mirror, maintaining strong eye contact with yourself:

I give up. I. Am. Gay. I am strong.

Say it again and again until you're ready. Then find your parents and tell them. Everything wil be OK.

My heart aches for you. You are so young, and so sincere, and you will feel so good once you're past this. You have to just believe, hold your own hand, and jump. And then you'll never feel this alone again.

You. Are. Strong.

Believe it.

Please let us know how it goes...(&&&)

3. UK_guy

Hey there its normal to feel scared of coming out, I know how hard it can be. Would you feel more comfortable writing a letter to your parents? Whenever you do come out I hope it goes well for you :slight_smile:

4. Im anonymous

You "wait" for the perfect moment. You should "make" the perfect moment :icon_wink