1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual and Atheist

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Citrino, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Citrino

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    As the title tells, i'm bisexual...and atheist. I feel EXTREMELY uncomfortable talking to my parents about religion and sexuality (they are conservative christians who believe gays are wrong and atheists are terrible people). My dad himself has said almost every single gay bashing word in the book. i've been trying to hold in in for years, until i am able to move out, but it looks like it will take a few more years to get there, and it's beginning to have an effect on my psyche, i've become bitter, cynical, and depressed, but i feel if it was out on the table i would feel a little better, what words of advice do you guys have?

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hold it in more. I know it's hard, but if you're unsafe, you're unsafe. You don't want to risk getting kicked out.

I am so worried for you. :frowning2:

Also, do NOT come out as atheist. I have gotten WAY more shit for that than coming out as bisexual.

#2 Pret Allez, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  3. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Unfortunately if you feel like you won't be in a safe, loving environment, then it's probably for the best to keep your sexuality a secret until you're able to live independently. In the meantime, maybe it would be a big relief to tell a close friend or someone you know you can trust (assuming you haven't done so already)? It could really help just to know that there's someone on your side.

Good luck...I hope you feel better soon. :frowning2:

4. rosemccabe

1) I feel so badly for any bisexual. Just because people say it doesn't exist or they don't believe in it, doesn't mean that they're right. Who the fuck says someone can't love whomever they desire? It's human nature to love. I am gay, but am a huge supporter of bisexuals because I feel like they are more suppressed.

2) I don't believe in atheism, I'm Wiccan, so I will not comment.

light & love.

5. Im anonymous

I'm waiting until I move out or am able to drive before I come out to my dad and his family. I'm hopefully coming out to everyone else soon :icon_bigg

6. xxMMxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Start saving then take the plunge and move out I stayed at home way too long because I thought I wouldn't be able to afford it or make it on my own but I did it last year and yes I'm broke 95% of the time but I have my own space to grow as me. I happier with nothing then I was at home with everything but living a lie. I'm a gay atheist, you wouldn't think it but being gay is worse than atheist in Ireland except the anti blasphemy laws.

7. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also think you should wait until you are financially independent. If you come out too soon and your parents cut you off before your ready you could end up homeless.